Hibiscus

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't have hibiscus but I'd imagine it's a more floral, maybe almost perfumey favor. Some flavors you really taste most on exhale, sometimes through one's nose. The other possibility is you may not have steeped it for long enough, and/or it's one of those flavors that shines as an accent note, not a standalone. I would think 15% hibiscus would be pretty nasty, and if you haven't steeped it yet, well, steep some at a lower percentage and/or save your 15% mix (it is going to be overflavored, probably) to add as an accent note to other flavors. Some flavors are so subtle, you may not really taste as much as they tend to work best as accents though, and I am considering this may be the case here.

I am prepared to be wrong about all of the above however, I am merely speculating. Good luck!

Anna

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
The tea we drink is more like a light cranberry the tart knocks out most of the floral notes, don't know if that is from flowers drying. I get the dried flowers at our Latino market in a 5pd bag so I have plenty to experiment with a concentrate. Since it already goes well with 100 proof vodka that could be my preservative.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread