The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hickups from vaping = REALLY ANNOYED

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Kevin King, Oct 17, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kevin King

Kevin King Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2012
    PA
    ive been vaping for over a year now, and this is the ONE thing i can not avoid. sometimes i contemplate quitting for this sole reason. and its not just little hickups, there majorly obnoxious and sometimes i almost puke. anyone else want to punch someone in the face wen this happens? haha....seriously...

2. DetraMental

DetraMental Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2013
    United States
    Yeah I, at times, do get some serious hiccups while vaping

3. ckquatt

ckquatt Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    Hiccips are one of the side effects of nic overdose. I used to get them all the time with snus till I backed off the strength a bit. Cigars used to do it to me too.

Sent from somebodys phone I found using Tapatalk.

4. Robino1

Robino1 Resting in Peace ECF Veteran

I sometimes get the hiccups, usually if I've been chain vaping for too long. Funny though, as soon as I get them, I put the PV down and they go away within minutes. Then I can go back to vaping :D
    Have you tried not inhaling? Just holding the vape in your mouth and blowing out either through the nose or mouth? It's also possible that you are swallowing the vape.

I hate hiccups too :mad: For me though, they don't last that long. Thank God :nun:

5. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
  6. aaroblero

aaroblero Full Member

Nov 12, 2012
    A, A
    Yeah, I'd get them, sometimes, when I used to put a fresh dip in. Haven't gotten them from vaping, though.

7. B1sh0p

B1sh0p Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2013
    Chicago
    It might an airflow issue too. I'd imagine if your topper has a really airy hit, that my cause hiccups.

8. WattWick

WattWick Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2013
    Cold Norway
    BOOO!

(Hope that helped)

Wondering if the occasional hiccup comes from vaping condensation. I've never got the hiccups from vaping, but I've had the occasional single hiccup.

9. ZW99GT

ZW99GT Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2012
    DFW
    I get the hiccups a time or two a week from vaping. It's only after eating and if I haven't taken a drag in an hour or more. That first inhale goes in and right when I'm ready to exhale it starts. I have had some pretty bad spells lasting 15-20 mins, but most of the time it's just a few minutes and it's gone.

Now that I think about it, it's usually with something with a pretty tight draw that I use when I'm out and about. Carto tank or clearo.

10. DayofWords

DayofWords Full Member Verified Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Florida
    I get hiccups occasionally while vaping, but I used to get them all the time when I was a regular smoker, sometimes a few times a day. So it is much less often now, and it doesn't bother me as much.

11. WattWick

WattWick Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2013
    Cold Norway
    Now that you mention it I had that problem with a specific atty before drilling a bigger air hole. Seemed like the vapor was too "wet", in lack of a better description.

12. Brusky

Brusky Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 9, 2013
    PNW
    Vapors with extreme throat hits tend to trigger hiccups in me if my throat is dry.

13. Talyon

Talyon Vape 4 Life Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 21, 2013
    Toronto
    I get hiccups once on a blue moon, pretty sure I don't know what causes it. However they never last long.

Be careful with the paper bag trick, don't use plastic.........

PS, Wine causes hiccups. Well it does for my GF.

14. GrandSam

GrandSam Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2013
    Oceanside, CA, USA
    Try not to "swallow" or breathe it in for a while.

15. Kevin King

May 21, 2012
    PA
    ya my orion top cap is drilled out bigger. i get hardcore hiccups every single time i take a vape and ive about had enough. they will last atleast 10 min each time. then if i grab my provari/hh357 i get the same results... hiccups. i really dont know what to do besides quit. its not worth it

16. Kevin King

May 21, 2012
    PA
    i dont swallow it ever. i take normal drags depending on what device im using

17. Kevin King

May 21, 2012
    PA
    im hoping that me being sick has something to do with it. cuz if this doesnt stop within next few days... im done.

18. VaPreis

VaPreis Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2013
    St. Louis, MO
    I have gotten hiccups when I was chain vaping or when some e-liquid condensation accidentally got into my mouth. For me, I'm certain it's the nicotine that causes it. When it happens, I get a drink of water to rinse my mouth out....and then, of course, put the mod down for awhile. The hiccups seem to pass quickly.

Maybe reducing your nicotine level would help?

19. Kevin King

May 21, 2012
    PA
    im certain its the nic also, but whats bothering me is that i only used to get hiccups when chain vaping, but this is different. ive been sick and had a real bad day at work and have barely been using my provari or orion. but EVERY single time i grab it and take one hit, on the exhale i immediately get them. im just hoping the fact that my throat is soar and dry will have something to do with it

20. JHall651

JHall651 Full Member Verified Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    I get them too from time to time. I just hold my breath for a bit and they go away. They are not like the persistent hiccups, basically only happen when I take a draw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.