Hide the taste of western in custard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
Long story I love my DIY custard. I have 200 ml steeping at all times. Normally I make my sons western for him. Last time he made it himself but by accident he put 5ml of his western into the nicotine bottle. Of course that is the bottle of nicotine I used in my custard. It was steeping for about 4 weeks when I went to vape it what a surprise I got. I hate to toss 200 ml of steeped juice but will if I have to. I was wondering I put in like raspberry or something to tone down the western taste? Any ideas?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Long story I love my DIY custard. I have 200 ml steeping at all times. Normally I make my sons western for him. Last time he made it himself but by accident he put 5ml of his western into the nicotine bottle. Of course that is the bottle of nicotine I used in my custard. It was steeping for about 4 weeks when I went to vape it what a surprise I got. I hate to toss 200 ml of steeped juice but will if I have to. I was wondering I put in like raspberry or something to tone down the western taste? Any ideas?
Hi mate,
Ok, so 2.5% western.
How much (%) custard?
How much (%) nic?
What brands of flavour?

Cheers
I

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
Break down is he put about 6ml of western mixed with about 20 ml nicotine.

I use 6ml of nicotine 34 ml of flavor and 160 ml vg/pg. So I figure I put about 1 to 1.5 ml of his western into my bottle. I use both tfa and caps custard as well as about 4 other flavors.

After I posted this I realized some might be thinking how do I know what flavors you like lol I will take about 30 ml put in a separate bottle and try to doctor it up. If that doesn't work dump it. Try another 30 with different flavors. That way maybe I can salvage some of the 200 ml bottle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Break down is he put about 6ml of western mixed with about 20 ml nicotine.

I use 6ml of nicotine 34 ml of flavor and 160 ml vg/pg. So I figure I put about 1 to 1.5 ml of his western into my bottle. I use both tfa and caps custard as well as about 4 other flavors.

After I posted this I realized some might be thinking how do I know what flavors you like lol I will take about 30 ml put in a separate bottle and try to doctor it up. If that doesn't work dump it. Try another 30 with different flavors. That way maybe I can salvage some of the 200 ml bottle.

cheers,
I might put a few extra ml of custard, a bit of vanilla and maybe something "moist" to counter the "dry" western. (strawberry ripe, Dulce de leche , creme brulee ect. )

Best of luck
I

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
I realized a flaw in my plan. I am using the Smok TFV 8. To keep changing the flavor to get rid of the Western messes with my coil. Takes a while to get the old flavor out to try a new one. My sons girlfriend likes western and other flavors. I gave her the bottle and said try it. If she likes it she can have it if not down the drain it goes.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Mrdaputer, it's really tough to test juices when you have to wait for the old flavor to subside before you can rely on the new flavor. Some here use dripper attys for that sort of thing. There's also such a thing as a bridgeless atomizer for tasting and testing juices. It has a steel mesh inside and you drip a few drops in and take 2 or 3 vapes.

You can drip in a few drops and test until the flavor goes away and try another batch. You can wash it out by running water into it and hit the fire button to dry it.

LR510 Bridgeless Atomizer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread