Status
Not open for further replies.

Heracleum

Dec 31, 2009
Italy
heracleums.org
high_caliber.jpg
High_Cal_2.JPG

Hey guys, here's my review of five e-liquids by High Caliber I've vaped so far.

Juicy Peach
PG/VG 50/50, 12mg
:2cool::thumb::2cool: This one is absolutely awesome (wapesome!), sure the best among the five, the only one I regularly vape "as is", the others need absolutely a fix. The Peach flavour is exactly like the actual fruit and flavour percentage is well balanced, great vapour.

Honey Comb
PG/VG 50/50, 12mg
:blink: very promising by sniffing initially.. but really disappointing once vaped: I was at first afraid it could taste too sweet but that's not the problem, what I find nauseating is the extremely flowerful flavour that has beed mixed out of control for my taste.

Caramel Cappuccino
PG/VG 50/50, 12mg
8-o similar experience as Honey Comb, intriguing smell, not bad at the very first vapes.. (Caramel has nice bitter taste in the background, Cappuccino taste is easily recognisable) ..then a dominating taste of condensed milk powder -or sort of- ruins it all.

American 55
PG/VG 70/30, 12mg
:) A tobacco, not bad, a bit too much sweeter than one could expect from a tobacco flavour but the nutty flavour is nice. Again, nutty flavour is too present for my taste, so I'm vaping this e-liquid mixed as follows: 1/4 American 55, 1/4 other tobacco, 2/4 PG (so I also cut down the nicotine, I usually vape lower than 10mg, 6-9mg)

Fire Cured Virginia
PG/VG 50/50, 12mg
:?: Again, this is good as a "component" of my mixes (same mix as above for Am55) but I would never vape it as is: it tastes a bit like camomile or apple to me... and what puzzles me is that the liquid appears extremely "coloured", to give the idea it looks like it contains yellow dye :?:. You know it stains paper (atom coil too?), I don't know this surprised me usually e-liquids do have their colour but appear more watery, so I mixed this one even less than 1/4.

-------
Conclusion: apart from the Peach, they're too flavourful in my vaping opinion.
(I still have a couple more of their flavours to try)

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
i will add that the vanilla Juice made by them is also a nice component and none stand alone vape as well if you had to it would be a 3.7V or less vape. i find it needs to be mixed with VG to thicken it up. it does have a pre-vape aroma that smells wonderful but when vaped solo at 5v+ it is nasty at 3.7 or less it is bearable but needs more.

in my case 24 Mg 18 ml Bottle. used on several of my hardware's including 510 carto @ atty, 901 at 3.7 - 6V on both a BB PT and 510 box mod, 510 PT manual no inline battery.

Last edited:

Picklesworth.

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2011
Minneapolis
I also like there blueberry frost mixed with the killa vannila. there Nuport is as close to its name as it gets.
I am happy to see high caliber being reviewed, as it was my first liquid ever. Also I think it's still my favorite, well we will see I have a bunch of back woods coming soon and a btl. of Geoffs blend on the way. Both sound promising if what I hear around here is true.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I've tried several of the High Caliber juices which I purchased from litecigusa.net. The Killa Vanilla is a rich creamy vanilla that I like sometimes, other times it's just too strong for me. Juicy Peach was not one of my favorites, but I don't care much for fruit flavored juices so that explains it. The Irish Cream is pretty close to the real thing. Capuccino is a pretty decent coffee flavor.

One thing I've found is that all the High Caliber juices need steeping. Sometimes it comes steeped, other times it doesn't. The first batch of Killa Vanilla I got was good to go, the second batch needed some alone time before it tasted right. I think it just depends on how long it sat on the vendors shelf before it gets shipped out. Personally I don't mind if a vendor steeps it for me. Some people want their juice mixed to order and steep it themself. If your juices aren't quite what you expected, steep them for a while and they'll likely improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread