The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

High Drain Battery Question

Discussion in 'Batteries and Chargers' started by 69CamaroSS, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. 69CamaroSS

69CamaroSS Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2014
    Upstate, SC, USA
    Hi all, I've been searching all over and can't seem to find out how low to allow batts to discharge before recharging. Obviously, I aim to maximize the life of my batteries. I'm using IMR 18650 30A Orbtronic SX30 Ultra High Drain Hybrids and charging them with a Nitecore i4. Using them in a Sigelei Zmax V5 that will shut down when the voltage gets too low to power it effectively. Does running the batts that far down do any appreciable damage (life-wise) to the batts. At what voltage do those of you using a regulated MOD recharge your batteries?:confused:

2. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    My Provari's fire button begins blinking at around 3.5 volts to warn me the battery level is low. At around 3.4 volts the Provari refuses to fire. This is well above the battery's tolerance to over-discharge.

You won't harm these batteries unless you get around 2.5 volts.

3. 69CamaroSS

69CamaroSS Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2014
    Upstate, SC, USA
    Excellent. Thanks Bad! I'll vape until the Zmax quits and check to actual voltage left with a meter just to see how low it'll take them just to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.