Status
Not open for further replies.

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
Quick answer,NO.
"When a li-ion battery drops bellow 2,0 V or so, the chopper electrode inside of it literally starts to dissolve.
When the battery is recharged this dissolved metal is plated back onto parts of battery that should not be conductive.This can cause an internal short-cirquit which can lead to overheating,venting,or even bursting of the battery."
Source:Baditude's blog.;)

Last edited:

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
Quick answer,NO.
When a li-ion battery drops bellow 2,0 V or so, the chopper electrode inside of it literally starts to dissolve.
When the battery is recharged this dissolved metal is plated back onto parts of battery that should not be conductive.This can cause an internal short-cirquit which can lead to overheating,venting,or even bursting of the battery.
@Baditude I had this text copied a long time ago and I didn't remembered it's source, that is from your Blog.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I shadow the other comments on discarding the cell. But I would also investigate why that low voltage cut off did not kick in. If the mod is defective, I’d consider discarding it as well. Keep in mind with a regulated device, as the battery voltage drops, the current draw on the battery increases. If you are unaware of exceeding the low voltage cut off, continued use may stress the battery.

Gallant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Dec 4, 2013
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    But I would also investigate why that low voltage cut off did not kick in. If the mod is defective, I’d consider discarding it as well.
    Seems like the mod was defective I discarded both the mod & battery.
    Thanks all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread