Status
Not open for further replies.

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado
They say to use only IMR batteries with it. The higher the MAH rating the better really. The AW2900 have a max discharge amp rating of 5.9 amps The 2900 gets you closer to the max discharge rate of a IMR1600 thats 16 amps. I think if it was me i would just carry a extra IMR around with me to be safe. How long does your charge last?

datacreek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
USA
Yeah, I know what they say. The IMRs put out a lot of amps. The AW 2900 puts out around 5.9 and that should be just fine but it's a flat-top. Provari requires button-top. I bet it would be too long with a magnet spacer for a button top.
I haven't got it yet. Just wanted to be prepared with the best batteries for long life. Sold a Precious Lv2 (still have the Lv1) one reason being couldn't run it all day on one 18650 and ordered a Provari. Now I'm finding that it may not make a full day either. I'm probably only going to run it at 4.4 or there-abouts.
I'll let you know.

Last edited:

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado
Yeah, I know what they say. The IMRs put out a lot of amps. The AW 2900 puts out around 5.9 and that should be just fine but it's a flat-top. Provari requires button-top. I bet it would be too long with a magnet spacer for a button top.
I haven't got it yet. Just wanted to be prepared with the best batteries for long life. Sold a Precious Lv2 (still have the Lv1) one reason being couldn't run it all day on one 18650 and ordered a Provari. Now I'm finding that it may not make a full day either. I'm probably only going to run it at 4.4 or there-abouts.
I'll let you know.

Here is a company that started up late last year. They have 18650 2900mah button top cells. They use the same Panasonic cells the AW2900's do Redilast Products
here is a link to a unwrapping of the cells. They are about the same price as AW
The Bright Side • View topic - RediLast 2900, AW 2900, AW 2600 Battery Unwrapping

datacreek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
USA
I think, if they have a point of contention it would be this:
or maybe size... really irks me that they don't provide measurements with specs.

The RediLast 2900 mah
Max discharge current: 5.8A

The AW 1600 mah
Max. continuous discharge rate : 10C

Is the "C" listed on AW the same as "A" listed on RediLast (current - amp)

From my very limited knowledge it seems like 5.9 would be overly sufficient. What do you gurus think?

buGG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
brush²
I think, if they have a point of contention it would be this:
or maybe size... really irks me that they don't provide measurements with specs.

The RediLast 2900 mah
Max discharge current: 5.8A

The AW 1600 mah
Max. continuous discharge rate : 10C

Is the "C" listed on AW the same as "A" listed on RediLast (current - amp)

From my very limited knowledge it seems like 5.9 would be overly sufficient. What do you gurus think?

no they're not the same, but one can help you find the other. the C rate, or rate of charge/discharge current * the Amp hours of the battery will tell you the Amps, or current (drain) it can handle. the drain rate or Amp rating across the AW and Redilast 2200 (4.4A), 2600 (5.2A) and 2900 (5.8A) all exceed the 2.5A that the Provari will allow, but only the AW2200 has the necessary nipple top. don't see why a device that shuts off from any current drain above 2.5A would need a battery that has a drain rate of 16A, and in truth it may not. their site only states that it recommends the IMR, but requires a battery with a nipple top. regardless though, it's probably best to check with Provape about it before you make the investment in different batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread