High power with certain flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd0864

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
USA
Are some types of flavors better at higher watts? I just read the sticky on high power vaping and I'm curious why my fruity and dessert flavors taste good in a 2.9ohm carto tank @ 10 watts and my ry4 menthol in a pt2 @ 2.6ohms tastes burnt over 7 watts. I'm pretty sure the fruity ones and dessert ones are 50/50 and the menthol is 70/30 pg/vg. I'm tempted to try the menthol in a carto to see if it's better @ 10 watts. Is there a general rule about vw and juice type I should know?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
I get great results with a 1.7ohm single coil carto at no more than 7 watts and a 1.5ohm dual coil around 8-9watts depending on my mood. As long as it stays wet it vapes and the flavor is awesome. I never really tried any higher because it works just fine for me at those settings and once you burn a carto, it stays burnt IMO.

Ive been pretty happy with menthols though in clearos and only tried them a couple times in a plain unpunched carto. I prefer to save my cartos for juices that are noticeably better in a carto. They seem to be in short supply especially if you want Boges or Ikenvapes.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Are some types of flavors better at higher watts? I just read the sticky on high power vaping and I'm curious why my fruity and dessert flavors taste good in a 2.9ohm carto tank @ 10 watts and my ry4 menthol in a pt2 @ 2.6ohms tastes burnt over 7 watts. I'm pretty sure the fruity ones and dessert ones are 50/50 and the menthol is 70/30 pg/vg. I'm tempted to try the menthol in a carto to see if it's better @ 10 watts. Is there a general rule about vw and juice type I should know?

IMO the most significant difference in your example is due to the different delivery devices. Cartos have always given me significantly more lee-way to go higher in power than clearos.

Next is the juice. Some taste better at different power than others, but for me it's been a small range. Way smaller than device differences.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
I guess I'll leave the Menthol for the spinner then and the rest I can enjoy on the svd. Don't really want to try it in a carto at this point, but maybe someday if I have more cartos laying around. Thanks.

Try one and see if you prefer the menthol in a plain carto. I thought it was fine but not a huge improvement.

I was not a menthol smoker so if a clearo slightly mutes a menthol, i cant taste it. Even my T3S rocks me with a menthol and i get far less "dry.burnt hits" with them vs a PT-II. I can taste a huge difference though with fruit and desert type juices. Plus i never seem to get a burnt taste with a carto as long as i don't let it run dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread