High Quality Bottom Feeder Regulated Mod. MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlin440

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
ohio
Hey guys been quite sometime since I've got the forums and I am really looking for a solid bf regulated mod.

I have had several Therion bf dna75c's but they seem to last about 6 months and something does on them.

I am A mtl vaper. Still tend to use my provari with 510 attys :)

but I've been fairly happy with the The therion with the challace iv from Mark bugs.

Any direction is appreciated. I'm not looking for high outputs i tend to vape around 10-15 watts or about 4 volts.

Thanks in advance!!!

Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi,
I am a Huge fan of the hotcig RSQ.(Mech REO user since 2013)
The new version is free of the "RIG" mod logo and is offered with a MTL rda (nerissa).

XJL2GKe.jpg

Cheers
I

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I agree,the Rsq is a great mod,and it's pretty small.
Another good one if you want to stick with a Dna 75,is the Hcigar inbox.I used my original one every day for at 2 years and never an issue,only reason i stopped using it is because i got 3 Rsq's haha.
On your Therion,if the board goes bad,contact Evolve,they have like a 1 year i think warranty on the board and will fix it for you.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
I had an rsq given to me as a Xmas gift. The 510 pin would get stuck down and I had to always pull it up with tweezers. I gave it away; I’m not sure if this was just an issue with mine or many. I do know I had the first version. I now know I don’t like spring loaded 510s.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The only reason to use the therion imho is for replay, and you’ve got a chalice IV which iirc has a squonk pin so you don’t actually need a kit. I would say most things would do fine. I’m worried to hear about the therion problems. Mine is still doing fine but I treat it fairly carefully. What sort of problems were they?

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
I agree,the Rsq is a great mod,and it's pretty small.
Another good one if you want to stick with a Dna 75,is the Hcigar inbox.I used my original one every day for at 2 years and never an issue,only reason i stopped using it is because i got 3 Rsq's haha.
On your Therion,if the board goes bad,contact Evolve,they have like a 1 year i think warranty on the board and will fix it for you.

I recently got back my Therion from Evolv for repair (board and 510 pin problem) and though it was more than a year old (original BF Therion) they repaired and sent back for free. Good guys there at Evolv. :thumb:

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
Hi,
I am a Huge fan of the hotcig RSQ.(Mech REO user since 2013)
The new version is free of the "RIG" mod logo and is offered with a MTL RDA (nerissa).

NIce looking Mod! Besides the Rig logo which I found to be too much, any other improvements from this "new" version?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
NIce looking Mod! Besides the Rig logo which I found to be too much, any other improvements from this "new" version?

None that I have seen, yet.
Just the inclusion of a "NS" (nic salts) RDA.
I'll have to watch a few more reviews once the V2 is deeper into the market.
I HOPE they release, sooner than later, an improved firmware tool/GUI and a more "polished" firmware.

HTH
I

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Don't know if your interested in resale mods, but I find great deals on them and you get to see the other side. Mods that are readily available are mainly Chinese and come up on all Google searches, but there is a whole other category of really hi end mods. These are hand made, low number mods, mainly made in Europe in which all the Chinese versions are made after and don't usually come up in searches. These devices are mainly a Facebook thing and are hard to obtain new because of the low numbers, but can be obtained in certain FB buy and sell sites which are awesome. So when you mentioned "high end" I just thought I would throw this out there and if you are indeed interested, shoot me a PM.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
None that I have seen, yet.
Just the inclusion of a "NS" (nic salts) RDA.
I'll have to watch a few more reviews once the V2 is deeper into the market.
I HOPE they release, sooner than later, an improved firmware tool/GUI and a more "polished" firmware.

HTH
I
What's a "Nic Salt RDA":confused:

merlin440

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
ohio
I take pretty good care of my e-cigs always have, but the problems I've had with the Therion BF's thus far.

2 units, the display stopped working.
1 unit, the most recent reads battery fault whenever you trigger the fire button. It's not a battery fault, since I get the same behavior with the same batteries on another Therion BF mod.

I do notice with heavy use that sometimes the bottle leaks, either because i didn't reset the tube,didn't replace the tube soon enough (yes, that darn tube needs replacing if you use the device as much as I do.), or if i forgot to twist the vent cap after refilling.

I do tend to need to replace my battery 3-4 times a day. So that's a lot of wear on the bottles tubing.

I did just order one of the Hotcig RSQ. I also still have 4 Therion BF's on standby, I purchased a bunch of them when my first ones screen went out. The problem with the Therion BF is that it's a limited quantity device, it's already very hard to find and I doubt Lost Vape will be producing more anytime soon. I guess being a former heavy smoker, replacement of my device is very important to me. The ability to at anytime order another one needs to be key with my vendor. Something I didn't realize was going to be a problem.

Also I do own a Fuchai 213, decent mod, the board seems to read high on the resistance of coils, and the inability to modify the resistance except through a fresh "read" is annoying. Love the battery access though, unlike the therion where you have to remove your bottle to get at the dang thing. Nor does it chew up the battery wrap because of the mechanical reverse battery protection.

I keep debating on the Boxer BF Boxer Mod Classic DNA75C BF 2X700 Box Mod | Squonk Vape Device but I really don't like that it doesn't have a battery divider. Mod looks solid enough though mechanically, and I'd probably miss the quick refill that the Therion offers, unless the lost vape bottles fit in there. And of course the bottle opening placement is not optimal.

Some of the things I don't really like a lot about the other Box mod BF's are, bottle placement. I think the Therion is spot on in having it at the end where you can squeeze while vaping or just prior without having to move a finger.

Battery placement, everyone except a few mods seems to like to put the battery in the way of the bottle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread