High Wattage Vaping with a Protank II Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

amurphy

Jul 26, 2014
Austin, TX, USA
I rebuilt my Protank II coil to 1.3 ohms using organic cotton. I threw is on my DNA30 box mod, and I was just wondering what is the highest wattage I should use with this tank. I don't know if there are any safety concerns with the heat being produced inside the tank. I've been vaping at around 14-16 watts. Can I crank it up to 25-30 watts?

RIMP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

RIMP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanks for this link. They also have 50 insulators for $7.99 ($10.00 w/shipping). This is the best price I have ever seen on these!:)

I've been searching as I feel some are charging up the wazoo for relatively cheap items :) another link for kanthal Kanthal A1

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I rebuilt my Protank II coil to 1.3 ohms using organic cotton. I threw is on my DNA30 box mod, and I was just wondering what is the highest wattage I should use with this tank. I don't know if there are any safety concerns with the heat being produced inside the tank. I've been vaping at around 14-16 watts. Can I crank it up to 25-30 watts?

It's more the gauge of the wire that matters for high power on a single coil like that;
thicker gauge wire takes more power; thicker gauge wire has lower resistance, so you end up with lower ohm coils when you use thicker wire.

If you try to run 30 watts through 30 gauge at 1 ohm you'll just fry the coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread