Highbrow steeping (all VG)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapnWitch

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
VA, USA
I know, I know, YMMV with steeping times and how well each person will like any flavor. But I've heard a lot of conflicting things about HBV steep times, and I'm not sure if some of those were VG, PG, or a mix.

I got Heavenly Macaroon, Cheesecake Torte, and Cappuccino Diablo, all VG. Any suggestions for minimum steep time?

I'm going to uncap them overnight, recap them, shake them, and keep them in a dark and cool place. Usually my liquids are good to go after about a week to ten days this way, but I've heard some people say that a lot of HBV's take longer than that.

Oxtail

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
SoCal
I think it depends a lot on the flavor. I have a few Highbrow juices that arrived a week and a half ago.

The Peach Thymbra was pretty much good at the 1 week mark first time I tried it. On the other hand, the Coconut at 1.5 weeks is still not as good as I remember when I tried it at a B&M. The Bavarian Cream Coffee still needs some more steeping as well.

Pretty much every couple of days I try a carto of Coconut and a carto of the Coffee. I can definitely notice the improvement in taste from day 1, but both still have a way to go.

The Limoncello I tried once at 1 week and it wasn't as good as I remember from the 1ml sample I tried. Will try that again when I get home.

All my juices are 70PG/30VG mix. Not sure how 100% VG juice would behave.

I don't taste any alcohol flavors in the juices so I don't think uncapping it will do much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread