Highbrow Vapor: Cheesecake Torte...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaBird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Pennsylvania, USA
I am using an ego twist with a mini vivi nova.

-juice-12mg, house mix, steeped for one week, color-light yellow. Blueberry flavoring added

-Flavor- blueberry cheesecake

-Flavor strength- medium/bold

-Th- minimal

-Vapor production- medium/moderate

-Opinion- This juice should come with a warning label...."Excessive use WILL cause weight loss... You will be so satisfied you may forget to eat." This juice is really that good! It tastes so alarmingly like the real thing, I cannot even begin to describe how amazing it is. This is a "love at first vape" flavor , and doesn't seem to require much steeping...if any at all. I did not taste it upon arrival, but a mere week of steeping is not excessive by any means, and I do believe I first tried it after 4 days of steeping...great then too! This tastes EXACTLY like a super creamy, rich, cheesecake accented by some perfectly sweet and tart blueberries. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone, it is extremely satisfying. This juice is now in my extremely selective favorites list, and I will continue to purchase big bottles of this!

I give this a 10/10

www.highbrowvapor.com

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
Wow. That's an enthusiastic review...

I am going to have to put in an order with Highbrow soon. I keep hearing great things about their juice, and I had some of their Amaretto Amore and Dark Chocolate at the York Vape Meet last weekend, an was VERY impressed. Now I guess I'll be putting some of this flavor on my list too, because I LOVE cheesecake...

LifeLongJoyRide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2009
Austin TX
It looks like you've found some juices made specifically for you. I'm happy for everyone as they start to find things that fit them so well early on. Good job on the review. Just between me and you, I'm not a huge fan of cheesecakes. Don't repeat that...it could end up causing an angry mob of women holding torches and pitchforks to suddenly spring up. But now I know where to send cheesecake lovers.

MamaBird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Pennsylvania, USA
Wow. That's an enthusiastic review...

I am going to have to put in an order with Highbrow soon. I keep hearing great things about their juice, and I had some of their Amaretto Amore and Dark Chocolate at the York Vape Meet last weekend, an was VERY impressed. Now I guess I'll be putting some of this flavor on my list too, because I LOVE cheesecake...

York...as in york pa? I used to live in Red Lion....(years ago)

But if you plan on ordering from highbrow...i have to say, I recommend the blackberry limoncello as much as I do this one. And if you are a fan of citrus vapes, than their orange de sangre is an absolute "must" also.

Highbrow does make amazingly high quality juices...and I think they are definitely overlooked by most. They have a poetry comfortable mid-mid/high pricepoint, they have good customer service, and they allow for pretty much any customization you can think of. I sound like I work for them or something...i don't...and I assure you that I enjoy juices from other vendors as well...i just think that they are a great company, with a great product, and I'd love to see then get the recognition that they deserve. .

MamaBird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Pennsylvania, USA
I have to agree with you Robin, this is really some fantastic juice. It couldn't taste anymore real. I've also tried it with strawberry but prefer the blueberry.

Sometimes I mix it with a little bit of my blackberry limoncello when I want it just a little bit more tart.. And that is quite amazing as well!

I havent tried any other version of this, though I can imagine what it tasres like plain...without the added blueberry...and ,can twll tgat would be quite good as well...but a lil bit 'o fruit in it is just more my speed. but I can also see this being great with other combos too.

MamaBird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Pennsylvania, USA
It looks like you've found some juices made specifically for you. I'm happy for everyone as they start to find things that fit them so well early on. Good job on the review. Just between me and you, I'm not a huge fan of cheesecakes. Don't repeat that...it could end up causing an angry mob of women holding torches and pitchforks to suddenly spring up. But now I know where to send cheesecake lovers.

Haha...your secret is safe with me. Truth be told though...if I am going to pick a dessert to eat...9/10 x it wouldn't actually be cheesecake. For me...capping it is actually alot more satisfying than the real thing. I did not expect this one to have quite a dramatic effect on me at all. Thought it would at best be something I could enjoy here and there when im a lil bored...but have been vaping this almost exclusively since I started with it. I am alrwady cimoletely out, and cursing the fact that the holiday slowed my vapemail down!

And any/all of the highbrow juices are completely customizable to however you want then . They even list a few flavor suggestions that work with each flavor to give you a food starting off point!

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
But if you plan on ordering from highbrow...i have to say, I recommend the blackberry limoncello as much as I do this one. And if you are a fan of citrus vapes, than their orange de sangre is an absolute "must" also.

Are those two flavors safe to use in plastic tanks and clearos like Vivi Novas or CE5's? I've heard that citrus flavors will sometimes cloud or crack plastic tanks.

Should I stick to glass tanks or metal components like cartos and attys/RBAs for these flavors to be safe?

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I love Highbrow Cheesecake Torte, but I wouldn't say that it tastes "authentic," or "just like the real thing." To my palate (and in my memory), most real cheesecakes---especially the thick, densely-packed New York style cheesecakes---are extremely cheesy in their flavor. Therein lies the problem. Cheese, while yummy to eat, is difficult to translate from food to vaping eliquid. (The same applies to a lesser degree with chocolate.) Many (I daresay most) cheesecake flavors in the vaping marketplace---both retail juices and DIY flavorings---try to replicate that cheesiness, but end up tasting sour, curdy, slightly rotten, and vaguely yukky.

Highbrow deftly sidesteps that problem by reducing the cheesy element in their Cheesecake Torte (almost eliminating it entirely) and replacing it with a milk-like dairy creaminess. The result is that Cheesecake Torte tastes---to me, anyway---more like a whipped or chiffon cheesecake than a dense NY-style cheesecake, somewhat akin to those Jello-type boxes of cheap cheesecake mix my mother used to whip up 50 years ago. The difference is that the Jello stuff was pretty lousy---synthetic, artificial-tasting, and chemically, and the whipped texture was all wrong---while Highbrow Cheesecake Torte is downright delicious, one of the best vapes ever.

I think Highbrow uses this approach on a number of their juices. Rather than trying to nail the actual flavor of the food they're trying to replicate, they create a flavor that fools the brain into thinking that it's the same as the wonderful food we remember. And Highbrow succeeds brilliantly at that magical transformation: Presto, Change-O! The same thing but not.

MamaBird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Pennsylvania, USA
I love Highbrow Cheesecake Torte, but I wouldn't say that it tastes "authentic," or "just like the real thing." To my palate (and in my memory), most real cheesecakes---especially the thick, densely-packed New York style cheesecakes---are extremely cheesy in their flavor. Therein lies the problem. Cheese, while yummy to eat, is difficult to translate from food to vaping eliquid. (The same applies to a lesser degree with chocolate.) Many (I daresay most) cheesecake flavors in the vaping marketplace---both retail juices and DIY flavorings---try to replicate that cheesiness, but end up tasting sour, curdy, slightly rotten, and vaguely yukky.

Highbrow deftly sidesteps that problem by reducing the cheesy element in their Cheesecake Torte (almost eliminating it entirely) and replacing it with a milk-like dairy creaminess. The result is that Cheesecake Torte tastes---to me, anyway---more like a whipped or chiffon cheesecake than a dense NY-style cheesecake, somewhat akin to those Jello-type boxes of cheap cheesecake mix my mother used to whip up 50 years ago. The difference is that the Jello stuff was pretty lousy---synthetic, artificial-tasting, and chemically, and the whipped texture was all wrong---while Highbrow Cheesecake Torte is downright delicious, one of the best vapes ever.

I think Highbrow uses this approach on a number of their juices. Rather than trying to nail the actual flavor of the food they're trying to replicate, they create a flavor that fools the brain into thinking that it's the same as the wonderful food we remember. And Highbrow succeeds brilliantly at that magical transformation: Presto, Change-O! The same thing but not.

Well they succeeded in fooling my brain! My brain said, "OMG this IS cheesecake!"

:D sheesh...this is fantastic!

aubergine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
MD
Highbrow makes a wonderful juice; haven't tried the blueberry flavors but I surely will. The Limoncello is killer, and so are the desert flavors. I always have some of their Vanilla Bourbon Bean around, too, 'cause it's a great mixer. Sometimes the best juices get a few months of raves and sort of disappear from reviews in here, and the heavily advertised, imho very inferior juices ascend again. So here's a plug for Highbrow, and Kick Bass Vapor (my other favorite). Imma gonna try Ahlusion, sounds like a contender - so far nothing else has been, and I sure have vaped a lotta jooses. I gave away a whole drawer full (a big clothes-bureau drawer full!) when I recently moved. I keep getting pickier. Sure is a delicious ride.

MamaBird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Pennsylvania, USA
Hi Aubergine,

This review was for the cheesecake torte, which I did have them add some blueberry when I ordered it. I havent actually tried their plain blueberry flavor yet either, but if the subtle hint of it,is any indication as to what the real juice will be like, than I am sure I will be pleased.

I do agree with you though...Highbrow, in my opinion also, is one of the best vendors out there. I really only order from two vendors these days...highbrow and Alice in Vapeland

thumper23

Dec 16, 2012
Bluegrass
The Cheesecake Torte is one of my favorites too and as others have said, they will customize your juice to extents most others will not. I have not tried it with blueberry, but I have tried it as is and with extra flavor. With the extra flavor I swear I could actually taste graham cracker crust on the exhale. It is an amazing juice. I also tried the creme brulee, and it isn't bad, but the Cheesecake absolutely rocks if you like a smooth and.sweet vape.

Penemue

Oct 25, 2012
Florida
Enthusiastically agree with you Robin! I ordered it exactly as you did and it's in my standard rotation now. It was your enthusiastic reviews of this vendor that led me to them and they have become my favorite by far. The only thing about the cheesecake torte is that the flavor is authentic enough and heavy enough that I can't vape it all day. It's too filling!!! Just like the real thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread