Higher nicotine level needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babsb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
Northern Wisconsin
I know this is a OLD posting, but in a way I guess it goes to show Ive been searching the forums for answer to this question.:) Ive found many that say how to lower the nic levels, but VERY few how to make them higher. :(

Yes, I have downloaded both nic juice programs and tried them, but, they just made me even more confused =\

I have ordered some 12mg juice along with some 30ml 48Mg Unflavored Eliquid.

I am wanting to increase the nic lvl from 12mg to around 24mg. I also have the 50/50 blend I ordered as well as some PG.

Not ever trying to mix before, I did order some for when I finally get the mixture hang...anyhow, back to my question..

Can someone please let me know how much unflavored of the 48mg nic I would have to add to 6ml of the flavored 12mg just to make it as close to about 24mg as possible? Yes, I know it will probably cut some of the flavor, but I plan on adding a few drops of liquid menthol to this.

It sucks to be math challenged =\

Thanks in advance
Babs

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
Mix 6ml of 12mg liquid with 3ml of 48mg liquid to create 9ml of 24mg liquid. Of course adding flavoring after this will drop the nicotine level down a bit depending on how much you add. If you just add a drop or two of flavoring it shouldn't change significantly.

Remember those teachers who told you that you WOULD find math useful in the real world? Darn... they were right! Lol. :)

VinnieVapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Near Montreal QC
The trick is to calculate the total mg and the total ml. Then divide your mg by your ml.

Here are the maths in 3 simple steps:
1) For each liquid multiply the mg value by the number of ml you will use.
2) Add the values from step 1) together
3) Divide the total of step 2 by the total of ml of all liquids.

Example
You mix 1 ml of 48 mg/ml with 2 ml of 12mg/ml with 1ml of PG/Flavoring (0 mg):

Step 1)
1 ml x 48 mg/ml = 48 mg
2 ml x 12 mg/ml = 24 mg
1 ml x 0 mg/ml = 0 mg

Step 2)
48 mg + 24 mg = 72 mg

Step 3)
Your total of ml is 4.
72mg / 4 ml = 18 mg/ml

The best is to put those formula in an Excel Spreadsheet

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
To obtain a specific strength from 2 different strengths, it's a little complex. That is, if you have 48mg juice and 12mg juice, but want to make a bottle of 22mg. Figuring that out in your head can be a little complex.

So I wrote an Excel macro that will get the answer.

Mix 2 Strengths Excel Macro

You enter 4 items:

- Strength of the first Nicotine Juice
- Strength of the second Nicotine Juice
- The desired strength
- Amount you wish to make

Then click the Calculate button.

A box will pop up telling you how much to mix of each juice. It will also tell you how much this will make, and what the actual strength is. It comes very close to the correct answers, but it's rarely perfect. That is, you may say you want 5ml of 22mg, but this macro may calculate 4.9ml of 21.7mg. I don't think you'll notice a difference.

It does require Microsoft Excel, and will not work in OpenOffice Calc. But if enough people ask, I can probably make it work for OpenOffice Calc.

VinnieVapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Near Montreal QC
Warning : Math post.

Scottes

Here are the exact math but putting it in an Excel sheet is another task...

Let me do it with your sample:
Liquid 1 is 48 mg/ml
Liquid 2 is 12 mg/ml
Your goal is 5 ml of 22 mg/ml liquid.

5ml * 22 mg/ml = 110 mg

You have to find 2 number:
the amount of ml of liquid 1. Let's call it Y
the amount of ml of liquid 2. Let's call it Z

such as

110 mg = Y ml * 48 mg/ml + Z ml * 12 mg/ml

and

5 ml = Y ml + Z ml

thus we can say Y ml = 5 ml - Z ml

and rewrite

110 mg = (5 - Z) ml * 48 mg/ml + Z ml * 12 mg/ml

We can now extract Z (this time I drop the units to keep it shorter)
110 = (5 - Z) * 48 + 12Z
110 = 240 -48Z + 12Z
110 = 240 -36Z
36Z = 240 -110
36Z = 130
Z = 3.6 ml

Now that we have Z
Y = 5 - Z
Y
= 5 - 3.6
Y
= 1.4

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
I wish you'd posted an hour earlier... My macro comes out with 1.3ml of 48mg and 3.6ml of 12mg, for 4.9ml of 21.5mg.

Close enough. Though it uses ugly brute force to get there, it takes a millisecond and gets too close for a human to notice.

I guess that what I'm saying is that I don't feel like re-programming the Excel macro for a gain that only a computer or math geek would notice. :D

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
I hit calculate but nothing happened.
I just downloaded it into Microsoft Excel and immediately hit calculate and got a pop-up box with some mixing amounts.

Could you try it again and click on calculate as soon as it opens?
Or could someone else?

As long as you're using Microsoft Excel, version 2003 or newer, it should work... So I'm a bit stumped as to what the problem could be.

Babsb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
Northern Wisconsin
Thank you all very much for your responds, I know how much I will need to add now.

Math...who would of known Id need that skill one day. Should of, would of could of...now to tell my children just how important math is, and not just for baking! lol

At first, I couldnt get it calculate either, then I realized that the macros were turned off, once I turned them on, it worked!

A HUGE thank you to all of you! My sanity is once again saved!

Babs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread