AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I ordered one from Aussie. After I ordered it, I watched Vic's review:

He did say, only chubby gorilla bottles with needle nose tips will fit in the fill port. He loved the TC ability, the size, and the form factor. These last 3 things are the reason I ordered this wee mod :thumb:

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Is anybody else have an issue with the bottle?
    After a days use air is leaking past the slide fill door, preventing squonking unless I put pressure on the fill door.
    Not using any acidic juices.
    I've ordered a replacement bottle. Hopefully it's just a fluke with this bottle.
    Not finding any other bottles short enough to fit the area.
    I like the mod, but is unusable with my defective bottle.

• Informative
    Reactions: ShowMeTwice

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2015
    So I received the Vandy Vape Pulse Dual bottle from FT, and I am happy to say that it actually works fine right out of the box! It is a little bit fiddly to get the bottle in and out, but still much easier than taking in and out the original bottle. To remove it, place a finger through the squonk door and slide the bottle out. To put it in, align the silicon tube opening with the squonk pin and slide it in. Not as straight forward as on an ordinary squonk mod, but not bad at all. For me I think filling is easier using this more conventional method.

As you can see from the pictures the bottle does not sit as flush on the edge of the hole as the original bottle, so squonking is a bit more awkward. For normal sized fingers it should work fine, though. According to the product page on FT the bottle holds 7ml, which IIRC is the same as the original bottle. It has a bit of an egg shape to it, and it fits best with the Vandy Vape logo facing outwards as in the pictures.

Hope this helps someone. Unfortunately, the bottle seems to be discontinued, so grab them while you can. I ordered a six-pack from FT yesterday.

ZM3Ii7x.jpg

j4lCTXJ.jpg

95nKPwU.jpg

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    So I received the Vandy Vape Pulse Dual bottle from FT, and I am happy to say that it actually works fine right out of the box! It is a little bit fiddly to get the bottle in and out, but still much easier than taking in and out the original bottle. To remove it, place a finger through the squonk door and slide the bottle out. To put it in, align the silicon tube opening with the squonk pin and slide it in. Not as straight forward as on an ordinary squonk mod, but not bad at all. For me I think filling is easier using this more conventional method.

As you can see from the pictures the bottle does not sit as flush on the edge of the hole as the original bottle, so squonking is a bit more awkward. For normal sized fingers it should work fine, though. According to the product page on FT the bottle holds 7ml, which IIRC is the same as the original bottle. It has a bit of an egg shape to it, and it fits best with the Vandy Vape logo facing outwards as in the pictures.

Hope this helps someone. Unfortunately, the bottle seems to be discontinued, so grab them while you can. I ordered a six-pack from FT yesterday.

ZM3Ii7x.jpg

j4lCTXJ.jpg

95nKPwU.jpg
    Good to know those bottles will fit.
    Did you have any issues with the stock Kudos bottle?

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2015
    Good to know those bottles will fit.
    Did you have any issues with the stock Kudos bottle?

No, not really, apart from an issue with juice coming out of the vent hole while I filled, but it seems it works OK when I tilt the mod slightly backwards while filling. I am probably gonna keep using the Vandy Vape bottle, though.

One idea, concerning your issue: It seems like the rubber gasket could be misaligned. Have you tried removing and reinserting it?

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    No, not really, apart from an issue with juice coming out of the vent hole while I filled, but it seems it works OK when I tilt the mod slightly backwards while filling. I am probably gonna keep using the Vandy Vape bottle, though.

One idea, concerning your issue: It seems like the rubber gasket could be misaligned. Have you tried removing and reinserting it?
    I'm going to try that once I empty the bottle. Looks like it would be a mess trying to remove it half full.
    Was happy to read on Hippovape's site that it has a "waterproof chipset"
    Kudos squonk mod-Hippovape Technology Co., Limited

• Agree
    Reactions: AngeNZ

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I got mine today. I filled it using the filling port no prob. I did discover the lock works the opposite way to what I thought it would. When it's locked - you can't squonk, unlocked you can ;)

I'm testing it out in TCR mode tomorrow. So far it's performing just as well as an arctic fox firmware mod.

I love the small size and how comfy it is to hold and use

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2015
    Another little "mod", if you like me are a little bit worried about juice getting into the USB-C port:

pnkyBEL.jpg

One reviewer on youtube pointed out that the port is very close to where the RDA sits. In any case, it can't hurt to have it covered.

The plug can easily be found on ebay if you search for "usb c cover" or something similar.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I've been running mine for a week now. Absolutely love it. It works really well in Temp TCR mode, which is what I've been running it in. I love how curved it is and it's so tiny for a regulated bf mod.

I've been filling via the fill slot. No issues with that at all.

Only thing I've noticed is when you change batteries, it reverts back to wattage mode. I've email Hippovape about this, and a possible firmware update fix.

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2015
    An update to using the Vandy Vape bottle with the Kudos: I bought another Kudos, and unfortunately the Vandy Vape bottles does not work as well in my new one. I do not know why, but for whatever reason they seem to be in there tighter than on my first Kudos.

Here's a picture of an empty bottle which I have squeezed in. As you can see it does not pop back out. If I squeeze it from the front (on the logo), however, it will retract quite well.

xbwtWss.jpg

I have two ideas on how to possibly make it work: One is drilling the hole of the bottle wider, and use a wider silicone tube, in order for the bottle to be pushed further up. The other is filing the little plastic lip under/beside the battery to make some more space on the bottom for the bottle.

We'll see what I get around to. In the mean time I'll be using the standard bottle on this one.

• Useful
    Reactions: TigerGrizzly

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    An update to using the Vandy Vape bottle with the Kudos: I bought another Kudos, and unfortunately the Vandy Vape bottles does not work as well in my new one. I do not know why, but for whatever reason they seem to be in there tighter than on my first Kudos.

Here's a picture of an empty bottle which I have squeezed in. As you can see it does not pop back out. If I squeeze it from the front (on the logo), however, it will retract quite well.

xbwtWss.jpg

I have two ideas on how to possibly make it work: One is drilling the hole of the bottle wider, and use a wider silicone tube, in order for the bottle to be pushed further up. The other is filing the little plastic lip under/beside the battery to make some more space on the bottom for the bottle.

We'll see what I get around to. In the mean time I'll be using the standard bottle on this one.

A couple of things:

When filling my standard bottle via the juice port - I take it really slowly. I squeeze the ejuice bottle, fill, wait for airbubbles to come back up in the ejuice bottle, then squeeze again, and repeat this process til it's full. During this whole time, I make sure there's also air bubbles coming from the vent hole. If there's not, then I stop, and restart.

Can you just use a 510 refill bottle to fill the standard bottle - since this will bypass the slide-to-fill mechanism

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2015
    A couple of things:

When filling my standard bottle via the juice port - I take it really slowly. I squeeze the ejuice bottle, fill, wait for airbubbles to come back up in the ejuice bottle, then squeeze again, and repeat this process til it's full. During this whole time, I make sure there's also air bubbles coming from the vent hole. If there's not, then I stop, and restart.

Can you just use a 510 refill bottle to fill the standard bottle - since this will bypass the slide-to-fill mechanism

Thanks for your suggestion. I must admit that I am a bit of a tinkerer, some of the fun for me comes from modifying and trying out different things just for the sake of experimenting.

• Winner
    Reactions: AngeNZ

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Thanks for your suggestion. I must admit that I am a bit of a tinkerer, some of the fun for me comes from modifying and trying out different things just for the sake of experimenting.

I'm a tinkerer too, which is why I have appreciated your findings in this thread. Since the only replacement tanks for this mod are at 3fvape (that I've found), in the not to distant future - we will be requiring information like you have provided for alternative bottles.

Reactions: mrjohs
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread