hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good Morning. I still have a xtar charger, not as fancy as yours but have been directly charging. I wonder if I should go back to using it. Does not seem safe either way.

A lot of people around ECF say to use a charger and not to charge batteries inside a mod. I don't really agree with that as I have charged batteries in mods for years and the only failure I've had is with the charger I posted in the picture. I don't know why the manufacturers would brag on the charging capabilities of their mods( some have 2 amp charging) if we weren't supposed to use them for charging.

Reactions: FranC

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Hi Fran. My oldest left yesterday to go back to Springfield. She had to work last night. I really miss not having her home this summer. I won't miss having to move her into the dorm though. That's like a circus on move in day. I won't have to take a vacation day to move her this year.

My wife's bday is coming up next week and my youngest is supposed to go order a cake for her today. A while back, my wife dropped her phone for the thousandth time and cracked the screen. I told her to go get a phone but she didn't want to spend the money. I'm going to go pick up an iPhone 8 for her bday. I couldn't really think of anything else to get her.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Maybe it shouldn't but it bothers me that she's using a broken phone. I do understand that it's better to not spend the money if it's working but the cracked screen would drive me nuts. The screen that's on it is a replacement from when she dropped it and the screen quit working. It's an iPhone 5c and I just can't see putting more money in it to do a repair.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    After reading a little more, I think I'm going to get her the iPhone 7 instead of the 8. The 8 and X have glass backs on them so they can do wireless charging. As much as she drops her phone, I think it would be better to get the 7 with the metal back.

Users who are viewing this thread