Hittman's Hideout

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
Well its almost 3:30 am, headed back to the airport in an hour. They said it was "Operational" the flight from Barcelona was delayed by 4 hours so they cancelled ours. No problem really, just lost one night at the airbnb in Oviedo but the airlines will compensate us. They also offered a hotel last night but came home.

Reactions: FranC

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hi Fran. I got in another walk earlier and got out in the heat to trim our maple tree some to get it away from the house. Next year I’m going to hire someone to come and trim the whole thing. I have an 18 foot pole saw and still can’t reach the top standing in an 8 foot step ladder.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    The maple beside our driveway is probably over 30’ high and the pear tree in front of the house isn’t far behind. I wish I had planted the pear tree another 5-10 foot from the house. Last year I used a short extension ladder leaned up against the house to trim that one. It grew a lot wider than it was supposed to.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Before I planted the pear tree, I read up to find out how wide they grow, measured, added a few feet for good measure and planted it. I’ve had to trim it away from the house a few times. The ones that really bug me are the crabapple and Indian crabapple that my wife and father in law planted without asking me. Both grow low to the ground and are a pain to mow under.

Users who are viewing this thread