Hives when sweating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mos1n

Jan 8, 2021
Hello everyone!
I'm using smoant battlestar baby pod system, using 50/50 PG VG 50mg/ml salt from various companies
and I'm don't know is salt nicotine or PG affecting on my skin like that.
The problem is my skin goes red and itchy, I've got felling that my skin is being bited or penetrated with needles in my head,neck,shoulders, and some area in center of my chest. This happens from any sweating, stress-caused sweating, workout sweating
Hot tea, spicy food, alcohol. This also can happen after a some period of time in hot places (even in shower)
P. S I'm sorry if there is some grammar mistakes, I'm not American;)

Last edited:

Mos1n

Jan 8, 2021
Hello everyone!
I'm using smoant battlestar baby pod system, using 50/50 PG VG 50mg/ml salt from various companies
The problem is my skin goes red and itchy, I've got felling that my skin is being bited or penetrated with needles in my head,neck,shoulders, and some area in center of my chest. This happens from any sweating, stress-caused sweating, workout sweating
Hot tea, spicy food, alcohol. This also can happen after a some period of time in hot places (even in shower)
After the trigger is removed, all symptoms dissapears.

Reactions: Superuser187

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello everyone!
Hi and welcome,
How long did you smoke and how many per day?
How much eliquid are you using per day?
Are you still smoking?

Cheers
I

Mos1n

Jan 8, 2021
Hi and welcome,
How long did you smoke and how many per day?
How much eliquid are you using per day?
Are you still smoking?

Cheers
I
Hello! Thanks for the reply!
I started using juul in August 2020
Then I bought my device like mouth ago
I've been using one 0.8 ml cartridge per day
Now with my refilling cartridge I use 1 full 2ml cartridge in 2 days, I'm still smoking
Im assume that it can be PG or nicotine or Nickel Allergic reactions

Last edited:

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Welcomeeeee

Did u ever had that before u started vaping??? Do u know if u have any other allergies....I am not a doctor
But could be stress related...

But u can't risk the fact that u may be allergic to pg ....it's rare but I have heard it before...better vape less or lower your nicotine for a while if not stop vaping at all if u think this started when u start vaping...could be also a flavour u vape...

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Sorry to say, but the first thing you have to do is stop vaping for a while to see if the problem goes away. You could end up having a reaction that is serious.

If it does go away, then you know it probably has something to do with vaping.

Then you have to decide how you are going to approach it if you want to try vaping again. You may be allergic to PG, VG, the nic salts or possible even the metal of the coil or the material of the wick, so it may not be a simple or quick task to figure out whichever the problem may be.

Mos1n

Jan 8, 2021
    Welcomeeeee

Did u ever had that before u started vaping??? Do u know if u have any other allergies....I am not a doctor
    But could be stress related...

But u can't risk the fact that u may be allergic to pg ....it's rare but I have heard it before...better vape less or lower your nicotine for a while if not stop vaping at all if u think this started when u start vaping...could be also a flavour u vape...
    I tried many flavours and i havent that before, do u think reducing from 50mg/ml to 20 mg/ml should be enough to exept nicotin-based hives? i`ll give it a try.Another problem that i dont know where to go with my hives cuz im living in other city during my studying in university...

Mos1n

Jan 8, 2021
    Sorry to say, but the first thing you have to do is stop vaping for a while to see if the problem goes away. You could end up having a reaction that is serious.

If it does go away, then you know it probably has something to do with vaping.

Then you have to decide how you are going to approach it if you want to try vaping again. You may be allergic to PG, VG, the nic salts or possible even the metal of the coil or the material of the wick, so it may not be a simple or quick task to figure out whichever the problem may be.
    How long will it take to take out symphtoms?

Mos1n

Jan 8, 2021
    I don't think any of us would know for sure but I guess if vaping caused it...then stopping it should make symptoms go away in like one or 2 days??
    Doesn't matter I guess.
    If u see the symptoms don't stop after many days then maybe it's not vaping and u should go to a doctor I guess...
    okay,i`ll write back after 2-3 days

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Fun fact: once I was EXTREMELY stressed with work and it was also summer and hot and got instantly very sweaty as I was driving and in few minutes only! I had some huge things Poppin on my back like cysts of 3-4cm and 5-6 cm and almost felt them grow...that fast where growing...

After days they start get smaller but one never went away totally and start became hardened...

The doctor was surprised and told me it's from very stressed sweating and also hot weather and sitting didn't let my skin breath cause the sweat was not able to go out and causing those cysts...

But the main reason was that stress...
    Since then I reconsidered my life and I give zero f and slowly managed to not get stressed for B's.....

Brain is a weird thing....just saying not that I believe it's in your head but many psychosomatic things can happen...

But yeah quit vaping first :p

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Strange.... I did some cardio in winter jacket to get some sweat and....NOTHING AT ALL....It`s inconsistent,.... repeat every day, maximum twice per day sweat covering my back,elbows,knees,but no itching,or red skin. cuz today i already was itching

Hmm...u will see if stops now when u stop vaping hmm take care

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    After the trigger is removed, all symptoms dissapears

Hello Mos1n
    Go see your doctor, you have problems that need to be addressed.
    Why you are asking about this on a vaping forum is beyond me (aside from you saying it also happens when you vape). Again, go see your doctor.

Merged duplicate threads.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread