Hmmm, what do I need really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalytic

Verified Member
Sep 13, 2011
SE AL
For those that prefer VG liquids, what do you vape them in? I should probably wait to ask some of these questions til my kit actually gets here, because I am beyond confused (yes, I am/was blonde!)

I order a kit from ARES, but I think it's 510, so:

2 - 3.7v batteries
4 - attys
5 - cartos
15 - black cartridges
2 - Delrin t-tips
2 - sheets blue foam
17 flavors (sampler packs)

When I use a drip tip, do I need to use a different tip for each flavor, or can I clean it in between flavors?

If I use a cartridge, it the eCig still portable? Can I stick it in my purse or am I going to have a mess?

dormouse mentioned using a manual battery for drip tips, where is the best place to order those?

Should I get an eGo-T for home use and stick with the slim for travel? (I don't want to get totally crazy with the different PVs, I already expect to go nuts with different juices) If so, where should I order it from?

How do you handle different flavors? Just drip? Clean cartridges between flavors, I assume? Do you vape a whole cartridge worth of juice before you switch flavors?

If you were new to vaping, but knew everything you know now...what would you buy?

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I do not vape VG juices. I do not like how even 50% VG vapes in cartos. Not thrilled with how 30% VG vapes in standard cartos. I use PG w/ 20% or less VG and that works great in standard stuffing cartos. A couple of people who vape VG have said they can vape it in dual coil cartos. But I know nothing about that cartos, don't know how they fill them with VG - they may use a syringe on the first fill or force some in the bottom with a carto condom then fill from the top - I don't know. I just know some people use special methods to fill those cartos.

--

510's and Egos are not 3.7v. The LATEST model only of Eastmall Rivas are 3.7v but ARES price is too high. Under $30 for a 3.7v Riva 510 kit at Liberty-Flights.com (2 complete Riva 510's) (you first press the 20% off upper left on front page, then shop)

Cartridges - you will probably never use ore than one pack but get 2 packs. You can wash them, restuff them, keep using them. And carts will dump their juice with no warning. normal 510 carts can be restuffed with the precut blue foam stuffing from strictlyejuice.com (search there for foam - under $1 for 10 pieces)

Cartomizers - you will need more, especially while learning to use them. They have limited lives. Once you can use them well, I can get 7-10 days use out of a Boge carto. SLB ones are crap. I don't know about others. but VG???? Maybe you don't need those cartos at all. You might need dual coils or something. VG is hard to use in normal stuffing cartos.

Last edited:

Catalytic

Verified Member
Sep 13, 2011
SE AL
ARES V6 PCC Starter Kit (Silver 510 PCC) [ARES-V6-REG-KIT] - $52.95 : ARES, eliquid is what I ordered, I see it says it's compatible with 510 accessories, but I really don't know what it is.

Will the Boges fit it? Should I get another (different) PV to start with? I really would prefer the VG, but I did read what you said about it in cartos, so I'm not sure what I should get to be able to use the VG.

(I'm an all or nothing person, if I start "right" with vaping, then I will stick with it. If the stuff I've already ordered isn't compatible with each other, then I'll be back to analogs, so I'd rather order more stuff/PVs to begin with, I can always sell the stuff that isn't my style.)

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
ARES V6 PCC Starter Kit (Silver 510 PCC) [ARES-V6-REG-KIT] - $52.95 : ARES, eliquid is what I ordered, I see it says it's compatible with 510 accessories, but I really don't know what it is.

Will the Boges fit it? Should I get another (different) PV to start with? I really would prefer the VG, but I did read what you said about it in cartos, so I'm not sure what I should get to be able to use the VG.

(I'm an all or nothing person, if I start "right" with vaping, then I will stick with it. If the stuff I've already ordered isn't compatible with each other, then I'll be back to analogs, so I'd rather order more stuff/PVs to begin with, I can always sell the stuff that isn't my style.)

I have no problem using PG free liquid in carto or atty.
VG is thick but it can be thinned w/ H2O.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Anything that's 510 will fit on your PV. 510 simply refers to the threading being used, so the Boges will fit.

If you're going to use cartos, then you should probably consider using juices with a PG/VG mix. I use a 60PG/40VG mix in my cartos and it works just fine. You might be able to get away with a 50/50 mix.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
That is a slim 510 with 180mah battery life (about 1.8 hours of average vaping, maybe 2-3 hours vaping). And it is not 3.7v. A 510 is around 3.3v if even that under load. I doubt Ares invented anything. They are just selling kits from China like everyone else. It's a 510. I can take my carto off my 510 and move it to a 3.7v devices and it is hotter on 3.7v. But I love my manual 510's.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/joye-510/65055-battery-voltages-surprise.html

if you were using thin juices I would say use Boge 3 ohm cartomizers. And you cannot use LR cartos or attys on a slim ecig (LR is approx. under 2.5 ohm). But if you will be vaping VG I do not know. I have no luck with thick juices in cartomizers. Someone who vapes VG will have to help you with that. But you cannot use the 1.5 ohm dual cartos on a slim ecig. You could use the 2.5 ohms dual coils but it would shorten your already-short battery life a bit. Those are the only cartos that I have seen people say they can vape VG in.

Get a couple of drip tips. Your flavors are going to mix in the atty anyway. You can rinse the drip tip and shake it out. You can blow out the atty into a tissue and reprime it.

Last edited:

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Drip tips can be cleaned inbetween flavors. Just rinse under hot water.

If you use a cartridge, it is purse and pocket friendly.

Most vendors carry manual 510 batteries.

I'm not and eGo-T fan so I'll let someone else jump in on this one.

When you change flavors, you need to clean your atty's and cartidges. If you forget to do both, you'll have a mixed concoction. Rinse both in hot water really well. The filler in the cartridge can be removed and rinsed. Press between a paper towel to dry and poke it back in with tweezers. The atty is a little tougher to clean. Use really hot water and let it run through the atty. Blow out really well and either do a short dry burn or leave it threaded end up overnight to dry. A dry burn is a short button press with the atty attached. Since you are new to this, I don't recommend it. Just keep your atty's cleaned for changing flavors.

What would I buy if I had to do it over again?
1 eGo kit from liberty-flights.com
1 drip tip
2 boxes of Boge cartomizers
2 extra atomizers

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
Oh, Oh....I heard my name. Did someone say "eGo-T fan"? ;)

The vets here seem to have the liquids and attys and cartos covered, so let me touch a little on the eGo-T.

The eGo-T (hereto known as Tank) is a pretty nifty little gizmo. The atomizer is fashioned in such a way that its wick is focused to a little 'needle' in the center of the atomizer, down in the recess of the cone. The tank is a feed system that uses a tank cartridge that you fill with liquid. The 'needle' punctures the cartridge and wicks liquid down as-needed.

There are many mixed reports on it, I've read a few people had issues with it leaking. I had one tank that leaked, and only after the tank and atty sat connected for a couple days without being used, in a case. That doesn't mean that there aren't defective attys out there that leak, but that's something that should be treated as DOA and handled by your vendor appropriately. (I've had a lot of luck with AltSmoke from that, had 2 DOA tank attys)

It's a 3.7(3.2, actually)volt rechargeable mofset battery with a 510 threading. What does that mean? That means when the battery dies, you buy a new one. It's all connected, there isn't an end-cap that you pop off and replace the battery...you buy a new eGo battery. The tank batteries feature a 5-press lock feature. If it's in your pocket, there's almost no chance of it getting unlocked (it needs to be pressed 5 times within a few seconds) and firing.

The eGo-T is about the size of a thin sharpie. They really aren't that big, and the tank system is pretty awesome for learning. Fill the tank, plug it in, off you go. I don't know what kind of batteries you have, but if they're 510, all of your attys/cartos will also fit on the eGo-T battery.

So...use it at home? Take it with you? It's a great little device.

-X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread