hmmm...why wouldnt this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidbeaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
New Auburn, WI
I've seen quite a few methods on how to clean cartos and atomizers. And they all say let them sit out and dry overnight. Well I tore a carto apart the next day and it was still very wet. I think for it to dry out it would probably take a week.
So I was thinking what if you hooked up say an air pump to circulate the air inside the carto? Something like a fish tank air pump. Or a vacuum type system? Anyone ever try this? I would think it would dry in a short amount of time. Like 10 min? hour? don't know. What do you think?

SteelJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2010
Austin, Texas
www.youtube.com
Seems like it would work. I've fast-dried cartos with a hair dryer but I typically do the sit them out in the hot sun, but it's hot and dry where I live. I've also used the long ago talked about method of putting them inside a clean sock and spinning them dry with centrifugal force....oh, come to think of it, some guy has a gizmo he sells that spins cartos dry inside something that looks like a food processor.

But I stopped cleaning cartos when I got more picky about which eliquids I use. Heavily colored, sweetened, or flavored, or ones made with real extracted tobaccos gunk up the coils really fast. When I switched to clear of lightly colored, flavored or sweetened e-liquids, I started getting several weeks out of a carto, so feel I've gotten my money's worth at that point and don't bother cleaning them anymore.

Or, I go inside, pull out the wicking and replace it. Bingo, new cartomizer. But it's a fiddly process for sure.

kidbeaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
New Auburn, WI
I haven't cleaned my cartos for a while now. I just seen a video on cleaning them and they said all you have to do is leave them sit out overnite. Not a chance!!
I did see the blender looking contraption and it looks like it would work good. I just had an idea that popped in my head that I thought I would share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread