Holy holes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

impostor71

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Naperville, IL
Hi all,

Noob here. Just got my order yesterday. I got the Ultimate package. Other than a missing cartomizer order, everything is pretty cool. Nice little bonus too from V4L. I do have a question though...

1 of my batt has 4 holes. The other batt has 2 holes. The one with 4 holes draw a little heavier, like an my Camel Turkish Silver analog. The one with 2 holes draws very light, almost no resistance. It's a bit disconcerting when switching between the two batts. Is one an older design? Which one? Is one broken?

Thanks everyone!
Tom

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
Hi all,

Noob here. Just got my order yesterday. I got the Ultimate package. Other than a missing cartomizer order, everything is pretty cool. Nice little bonus too from V4L. I do have a question though...

1 of my batt has 4 holes. The other batt has 2 holes. The one with 4 holes draw a little heavier, like an my Camel Turkish Silver analog. The one with 2 holes draws very light, almost no resistance. It's a bit disconcerting when switching between the two batts. Is one an older design? Which one? Is one broken?

Thanks everyone!
Tom

Hiya and welcome to the forums! Is one a manual battery and one an automatic? the autos i have all have two holes around the edge and a groove in the center post, all the manual stuff i have has 3 holes and a "no groove" center post.

This video I did on the differences demonstrates:
YouTube - Review of the New manual battery and new manual XL battery for the Vapor King from Vapor4life.com

If not, then i'm not sure?

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
Thanks kc0cmp for the welcome! Love your vids btw!

Both are autos. My manual passthru also has 4 holes and draws similar to the 4-hole auto batt. Does your VK draw very light, almost like you're sucking on an ultra-light analog? Mine is like that.

if you're positive its 4 and not 3 holes in the battery, then my very next question is about the slot in the center post of the battery..present or missing?

none of mine have an excessively light draw..but i got a few mist sticks batteries i retired for chopping the threads out for mods for that reason...they only have two holes but theyre huge.

is your cartomizer screwed down till it bottomed?

VK has a lighter draw than some models...you kind of have to regulate your draw to only enough to light the battery...takes 10 minutes or so to get the hang of it. I *never* draw on an auto batt harder than enough to light the LED..but thats me... at that speed its a pretty slow draw.

The mist stix batteries were retired because i *had* to draw like i was tryin to implode my face just to light the LED...which of course resulted in little vapor. The threads are like new tho, so its not a loss.

Never heard of the ultimate ultimatum kit comming with anything but matching parts...although those "unbranded" ones on the sale page i think are on sale cause theyre unbranded..and thus possibly older..and thus might be anything...hence the sale.

EDIT:
It just occured to me...you don't think those yahoos in China drilled two holes..then went to lunch..came back..and drilled a second pair cause they forgot where they were? I mean come on..these are like hand made..but could they make that kind of mistake? haha. I had a Chevy Lumina van that had the Heater wired up backwards...AC came on at times it shouldn't have..like when you put it on "heat"...def is supposed to activate the AC intermittantly...in this case Heat and Def activated full blown AC and so when you went to "preheat" your car on a cold winter morn to thaw the ice to something managable..you discovered you made it worse!

Last edited:

impostor71

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Naperville, IL
Cimyss - No the 4 holes are on the top by the threads. they all lined up with the 4 notches in the cart.

kc0cmp - I'm positive. 4 holes. In the center post, the slot is missing. In the battery with the very light draw (2 holes), the slot is there. When I screw the cart down too tight, it's like sucking in air thru a straw. There's no resistance what-so-ever. Then that happens, I back off the cart until the 2 holes lined up with the slots on the cartomizer. Then I have a little bit of resistance. It's possible that either the workers forgot they drilled 2 holes and then drilled 2 more, but that doesn't explain the missing slot on the post. When I ordered the Ultimate, I asked for 1 blue and 1 green batt, so I don't know which one is the odd man out. =)

I emailed customer service yesterday to ask about my missing cartomizer and about this issue. Got an email from Mark about the missing cartomizer, but so far, no other email on this 4-holes vs 2-holes and the big draw effort between them. So I'm asking you folks here. =)

impostor71

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Naperville, IL
It's possible that either the workers forgot they drilled 2 holes and then drilled 2 more, but that doesn't explain the missing slot on the post.

Can't edit my posts... Anyways, this part, I was referring to the batt with the 4 holes. That's the one that gives me the harder draw. The 2-hole one gives me a very light draw, just to make things clear. Time to vape...

Cimyss

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
MN
hmmm I have 2 autos and the both only have 2 holes there and then 2 down insdie opposite the slot ends for air flow. You might want to try that trick where you cut the end off one of those little clear plastic plugs that come on a fresh cart and slide it down almost to but not quite over the holes ( just keep adjusting till u get it right) I have heard this helps ( atleast until u get a more permanent solution :)

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
Cimyss - No the 4 holes are on the top by the threads. they all lined up with the 4 notches in the cart.

kc0cmp - I'm positive. 4 holes. In the center post, the slot is missing. In the battery with the very light draw (2 holes), the slot is there.
Ah ha! you have two different battery models..the "old" style with the slot and the new style without...the addition of the holes (up to 4 now!?!) was to make up for the missing slot ...interesting..but this confirms that the ultimate ultimatum is hand assembled from parts (box of batteries, box of PCCs etc)

When I screw the cart down too tight, it's like sucking in air thru a straw. There's no resistance what-so-ever. Then that happens, I back off the cart until the 2 holes lined up with the slots on the cartomizer. Then I have a little bit of resistance. It's possible that either the workers forgot they drilled 2 holes and then drilled 2 more, but that doesn't explain the missing slot on the post.

Precicely why I asked, you have one of the previous batteries and one of the "new" batteries...Aligning or intentionally not aligning the holes was a great trouble-shooting step to come up with on your own having just got a VK..it's the correct strategy to try in fact. You *can* put your fingers over some of the holes to reduce it further..although it's meant to be "User-regulated" somewhat...if I sucked on them as hard as I used to suck on a analog, mine would all be "light" comparatively speaking.

When I ordered the Ultimate, I asked for 1 blue and 1 green batt, so I don't know which one is the odd man out. =)

And *THIS* explains how different batteries occured! Was wondering about that! Yes when you order different colors, you're subject to the stock on hand. The one with 4 holes is the *new* model..the one with two holes is the *old* model. Don't lay awake at night worrying about it being *old* though, cause it's only like a few weeks old LOL..all of mine had the slot/two holes till *just* lately.

I emailed customer service yesterday to ask about my missing cartomizer and about this issue. Got an email from Mark about the missing cartomizer, but so far, no other email on this 4-holes vs 2-holes and the big draw effort between them. So I'm asking you folks here. =)

Responses in green above: Hope that covered it all!

impostor71

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Naperville, IL
hmmm I have 2 autos and the both only have 2 holes there and then 2 down insdie opposite the slot ends for air flow. You might want to try that trick where you cut the end off one of those little clear plastic plugs that come on a fresh cart and slide it down almost to but not quite over the holes ( just keep adjusting till u get it right) I have heard this helps ( atleast until u get a more permanent solution :)

I'm going to give that a shot to see if it'll "stiffen" up the draw on the 2-hole/slotted battery. Thanks for the tip!

kc0cmp - Thank you very much for figuring this out for me! vape on my friend. and keep making those videos!

Cimyss

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
MN
OH yeah BTW a draw on an E cig is nothing at all like a draw on a regular/ analog cigarette. The harder you try to draw on it the less vapor throat hit you will have and it will feel wrong. instead of feeling any resistance you want to barely draw through it very slow very steady and extreamely soft! the softer the draw the more vapor throat hit! this takes some gettign used too but with a little practice it will seem normal in no time:)

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
OH yeah BTW a draw on an E cig is nothing at all like a draw on a regular/ analog cigarette. The harder you try to draw on it the less vapor throat hit you will have and it will feel wrong. instead of feeling any resistance you want to barely draw through it very slow very steady and extreamely soft! the softer the draw the more vapor throat hit! this takes some gettign used too but with a little practice it will seem normal in no time:)

Yep, just enough to light the auto battery's light...and once you get trained, the manuals you draw the same LOL. Had i started off on manuals, I mighta had a stiffer learning curve

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
Can't edit my posts... Anyways, this part, I was referring to the batt with the 4 holes. That's the one that gives me the harder draw. The 2-hole one gives me a very light draw, just to make things clear. Time to vape...

Not to worry, I have had 4 holes, 2 holes, and now 3 holes, either way, if it don't worl right, just request a replacement in comments section on next order...cause, we will make you smile:D

:cool:Steve

BTW Draw slow, and long on the 4 hole, you make jusst love it:shock:

impostor71

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Naperville, IL
Not to worry, I have had 4 holes, 2 holes, and now 3 holes, either way, if it don't worl right, just request a replacement in comments section on next order...cause, we will make you smile:D

LOL. I just emailed you Steve. Learning to draw slow and long. I'm loving the 4 holes!!! You just answered my questions from the email with your post.

Thank you!!!
Tom

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA

His 4 holer was workin ok..thats the new one.. the older 2 hole was confusing him lol. The new draw on the new batts reminds me to slow down..a good thing on the manuals i forget now and then but they remind me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread