• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Homemade Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
Whoa, I thought you said you wanted to start out simple... One 18650 will give you longer runtimes than dual 14500s anyway, why not go with that? Or a 26500. It will give even longer run time than18650. I must suggest the aw imrs of course. if you want dual batteries just go vv. the chip you linked to is so simple to wire its rediculous
I have never wired an led, I would ask the fellers in the modding forum :)

-Sam

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
lol, Now if you want to go for a 26650, you have to be careful what brand you get. I don't think that AW even makes one. I was talking about 26500. You can get a 26500 here Super T Manufacturing, Innovative manufacturer of electronic cigarette products. and they have 18650 aw imr's as well. or if you want a 26650, you can go with this one:MNKE IMR26650 3.7v High Drain Li-MN Battery - Avid Vaper. It is a safe battery from a reputable manufacturer. beware it does have a flat top, and it wont charge in all chargers. the ultrafire wf-188 should take it, but I cant say for sure. I make it a point not to recommend trust fire or ultra fire or tenergy batts to anyone. they are cheaper batts made cheap and to lower standards. After all the AW IMR s provide the best 3.7v vape and are safe, and only cost a couple bucks more. If there is one thing that buying a good brand counts on, its Li Ion batteries.

CowboyGoggles

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2012
Huntsville, AL
IMAG0048.jpg IMAG0068.jpg IMAG0070.jpg IMAG0074.jpg IMAG0075.jpg

CowboyGoggles

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I'm calling it Defcon1. its an 18650 powered pipe I made with a rebuildable tank atty. also, about your question at the top of this page. 1/2 watt resistor will do. no less than 500 ohms for most leds. some are more touchy than others. to be safe I start with 1000 ohms and step down in 100s till i get full intensity of the led, making sure that my battery is at full charge.
if you have never had to identify resistors by their colored bands, this is the perfect time to learn.

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
Wow cowboy, that is awesome. So does it fold up when you unscrew the tank? Which by the way the rebuildable ce2 is awesome, and is that an led inside of the tank? I didnt know you could put an led in e liquid.

I have a few things in the works, will post pics when I am done.

CowboyGoggles

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2012
Huntsville, AL
yep. LEDs are completely sealed, and a number of tank atty manufacturers have begun incorporating them into their designs. like the eGo-F1. E-Liquid is non-conductive as far as i know, and so is water, as long as it contains no salt. I'm thinking of building a mod out of a small jar in which a battery and charging circuit are both suspended in my liquid. if anyone has attempted this I would love to know the outcome.

CowboyGoggles

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Well, as long as the juice is non-conductive enough not to drown the electronics I can just submerge them. a charging board, a regulator, and a 900mAh flat LiPo battery can be condensed into a 1" cube, then sealed in clear epoxy and connected to the inside of a twist-off lid.
The lid will act the base for a rebuildable atomizer, having a hole just big enough for a stainless wick to pass down into the jar. put a mini USB port on top also to provide the charging current. fire it with a simple mechanical swich

CowboyGoggles

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2012
Huntsville, AL
the gun draws stares when I pull it out, but it's the only VV I have that will do a true 3Amps at 3-7 volts, so I use it when I really need a kick in the lungs, there's nothing stronger. The Persian feels just like a pipe in the hand. I've been tooting on it all day. even though I finally put a proper stem on defcon1:
IMAG0087.jpg
IMAG0088.jpg
IMAG0089.jpg
IMAG0090.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread