Status
Not open for further replies.

debinnv

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Island Of Misfit Toys
The pre-order for the mesh deck for the plus is up FINALLY!!! Hooray......
and it SQUONKS. Huge win right there. The plus in rda mode will fit on my dual topside if I am careful with the knurling on the topsides cap.

Out of all the steam crave stuff I have the Plus RTA is my favorite. When the plus first came out I saw someone that had modified their deck by drilling a channel and something else so they could squonk with it on their LV Drone. I was always too chicken to try that so I am thrilled that now it will squonk. Or at least the mesh deck will anyway.

Oh, here is the link for anyone else that is interested in it. Not a bad price at all. I always did like that SC will release options for existing stuff so you don't have to buy a whole new atty

Plus Mesh Deck Preorder,Aromamizer Plus

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Looks interesting, might just have to pick one up. :thumbs:

Did either one of you beta test it?
Hi how have you been?

Yes we both beta tested it & it’s fantastic! Works fabulous in the Plus v1 & will also fit the upcoming Plus v2.

I’ve used in rdsa mode & in rdta mode not one dry hit just smooth draw & fantastic flavor.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Hi how have you been?

Yes we both beta tested it & it’s fantastic! Works fabulous in the Plus v1 & will also fit the upcoming Plus v2.

I’ve used in rdsa mode & in rdta mode not one dry hit just smooth draw & fantastic flavor.
I've been good and you?

Thanks, it really sounds like a winner for sure!
Any details on the Plus V2 or is it still hush hush? I really don't know how they could improve on the Plus.

debinnv

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Island Of Misfit Toys
I’m happy to hear you’re doing good! I’m ok too, just crazy busy. It’s still kinda hush hush but soon!

SC found a way to improve the Plus it’s going to be great!

Yes, they did! I love the mesh deck. I have profiles ( rta and rda's ) and I like this so much more than them. And hey, the profiles are good. I can take this deck up higher and it stays better saturated then my profile rta's and I get a warmer vape with more flavor from the SC deck.

Oh I got the Slatra dual coil mesh rda recently and don't care for that one at all.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I won one of the decks from the Steam Crave FaceBook group, can't wait to check it out. :thumbs:

I gotta dig out the old sheets of mesh from my genny days, hopefully it's SS so I can use it with TC on the LV Drone.
Congratulations!!!! And yippee! You’re going to love it! BTW the mesh deck comes with 2 mesh strips in Kanthal though. They couldn’t source the SS fast enough. Perhaps they were able to now. I hope so! Enjoy!

• Love
Reactions: TrollDragon

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Congratulations on the win there TD. Would love to hear your thoughts on the mesh deck. :thumb:

Are the mesh strips the same dimensions as the Profile or that Vandy Vape thingy … what ever it is called?
Thank you good sir, I will do that for sure. Not generally a fan of mesh decks but it has the ability to squonk and that opens up more options. If the mesh doesn't work for me then I can see some regular coils mounted on it. ;)

Supposedly the Kanthal mesh strips are 17mm x 9.8mm 0.18Ω from what I read.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Thank you good sir, I will do that for sure. Not generally a fan of mesh decks but it has the ability to squonk and that opens up more options. If the mesh doesn't work for me then I can see some regular coils mounted on it. ;)

Supposedly the Kanthal mesh strips are 17mm x 9.8mm 0.18Ω from what I read.

Cool, thx

So the strips are the same dimensions as what is used in the Vandy Vape M V2, which come in SS, Ni80 and Kanthal if looking for options. Do not know about the new Profile 1.5, can’t find the dimensions but suspect they are also the same.

I’m a big fan of mesh, but much prefer the more ridged strips over the flimsy screens of yesteryear. This deck has certainly sparked my interests. Might have to jump on the Steam Crave boat!

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Cool, thx

So the strips are the same dimensions as what is used in the Vandy Vape M V2, which come in SS, Ni80 and Kanthal if looking for options. Do not know about the new Profile 1.5, can’t find the dimensions but suspect they are also the same.

I’m a big fan of mesh, but much prefer the more ridged strips over the flimsy screens of yesteryear. This deck has certainly sparked my interests. Might have to jump on the Steam Crave boat!
The rigid machine cloth style mesh is much better than old screen for sure, might have to source some if the screen doesn't work out.

Steam Crave has always made excellent gear they are the only tanks I use. It's too bad they don't have any decent 22mm or 24mm RDAs, but there are lots of other choices for those.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
So the mesh deck says it is compatible with the Aromamizer Plus and the Plus V2. I do not see the Plus V2 on their site unless I am missing something. Admittedly I am not up to par with my Steam Crave models.
The Plus V2 is not out yet, coming very soon.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Cool, thx

A birdie told me this works awesome on the mesh deck $2.79 (Free Shipping) Authentic Vandy Vape 316L Stainless Steel Stainless Steel Mesh Wire (316L SS (Mesh), 200 Mesh, 5ft (1.2ohm)) at m.FastTech.com

along with SC’s mesh that will be available so far in Kanthal & SS316L.

• Love

debinnv

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Island Of Misfit Toys
It will be good to see how it fares with Rayon, the Glaz mesh deck worked perfect with it so I assume this one will too. :thumbs:
Congrats. I saw that you were one of the winners. So on the rayon. I was actually testing this the other day and yes it does work. Get that middle part tight tight tight and thin out those ends to baby fine hair like. That said, about the max I could do was about 45 watts which gave me a warm vape and flavor was good. I do prefer it with my Muji but in the name of testing I had to try it with the rayon :) Also, the plus V2 is wonderful with the changes. As soon as we are able to toss some pictures out for you, we will :) I will ask Maggie when we can do that but I am thinking it will still be a bit.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread