Horizontech Falcon resin leaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanguinesolitude

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2015
My new falcon resin tank seeps e-juice out of the bottom glass anytime the top cap is removed or even improperly seated. Anyone have one of these?

I really like the tank, but I've switched the o-rings and tried both the bubble glass and straight glass, and nothing really is working.

Did I get a defective one?

Reactions: stols001

easyrider1340

Sep 10, 2014
USA
Mine is not leaking (yet) after 1 week of use. But I've lost the drip tip twice (in the car fortunately) - it just falls out, not tight at all. I noticed the oring was torn slightly, so I replaced it - but the fit is the same. Loose!

Have sent a message to VaporDNA to see what they will do about it.

Anyone have this problem??

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Mine is not leaking (yet) after 1 week of use. But I've lost the drip tip twice (in the car fortunately) - it just falls out, not tight at all. I noticed the oring was torn slightly, so I replaced it - but the fit is the same. Loose!

Have sent a message to VaporDNA to see what they will do about it.

Anyone have this problem??
Try a fatter or stiffer o ring....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

• Useful

EricMorr

Jul 2, 2018
Pitman, NJ
Its leaking from the bottom of the glass, not the coil. If I refill quickly and pop the top back on, it seems ok.

Great flavor and so far love everything else about it.

If the coil isn't seated properly, then I assume the glass isn't getting "all the way" down to make the seal. I know with my Falcon my issue is getting the top of the coil to screw in properly. Takes a few tries to get the threads going in straight. Other than that. NO leaking issues.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Tanks leak when they lose vacuum or the coil floods.

Tips to help maintain vacuum in your tank:

1) All o-rings in place and in good condition. Missing or faulty o-ring will allow air in/vacuum out.
2) Cracked glass
3) Chipped glass where the glass tube seals to the o-ring
4) Dirty mating surfaces, o-rings to metal or o-rings to glass
5) Over filling the tank. One of two things can happen here; 1) if you top the tank off all the way there is no room for the vacuum to form, leave a bit at the top and 2) depending on coil/chimney style you can flood the coil.
6) Juice is too thin. Either to high in PG content for the density of the wicking material or the tank/juice has been exposed to heat which thinned the juice out. Both of these result in the coil flooding and dumping juice through the air flow holes.
7) Letting the tank sit unused for extended periods of time, results in the coil saturating and flooding. Try turning the tank upside down to pull the juice away from the wicking material. Remember to let the wicking material rewet when you go back to vape it.
8) Close the airflow control/holes before opening the tank to fill it. Once you fill the tank but before opening the the airflow take a couple unpowered draws to help with the vacuum.
9) Coil should be finger tight, if you crank on it to hard you could deform the o-ring at the bottom of the coil.
10) Tanks needs to be assembled tightly to avoid leaks around the o-rings. As tight as you can get it with your hands.
11) Vaping at too low a temp, this will result in juice in the coil not being completely vaporized, which saturates/floods the coil.
12) Inhaling too hard with airflow closed down causing the coil to flood.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but it's late. Hopefully others will chime in. I've included a couple videos. There are tons of "How to fix a leaking tank" videos on YouTube. I have not watched them all but feel safe in saying none of them will address the use of a tampon.

Good luck, only burnt hits suck more than a leaky tank.

Reactions: jim_87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread