Horrible Burnt Taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporone

Jul 17, 2019
Hey guys, so I'm pretty new to vaping, recently switched from regular smokes to a vaporesso veco one starter kit. I am using a 50/50 pg vg liquid, however all but the first coil are giving a horrible burnt taste. Since this is a starter kit, i have absolutely no control over voltages. I am properly priming the coils, soaking, primer puffs, letting it sit, etc (euc eco universal) bought a new pack of 5 today however, every single time without fail, it will get burnt, and give me a burnt taste. Gone through 4 coils already and I don't want to burn the last one. Any helps or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Reactions: Diver9543

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
And when you start hitting it with power, try short bursts at first. One second on the button, and keep pulling for another second after you release the button.
And give it a minute to cool before the next hit. You are "breaking in" the coil.
Then you can increase your pull duration.
Good luck!

:)

• Useful
Reactions: HigherStateD

vaporone

Jul 17, 2019
Did your pods other than the first one come in a different box from the starter kit?

All the coils came in a different box from the starter kit, the kit actually had no coil and I ended up taking a huge hit of nicotine eliquid straight into my throat :lol: had to go back into the shop to sort it out

• Love

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
All the coils came in a different box from the starter kit, the kit actually had no coil and I ended up taking a huge hit of nicotine eliquid straight into my throat :lol: had to go back into the shop to sort it out
So all the coils came from the same box including the first one?

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
Are you doing dl inhales?This tank is made for direct to lung vaping so if you inhale mouth to lung you'll burn the coil.
The burnt smell once a coil is burned,remains in the tank so remove the coil,wash the tank under the tap(you can use dish soap) and dry it.Prime a new coil and install it.Assemble the tank and fill it.

There is a possibility 50% PG is irritating your throat and gives you the impression the coil is burned tough it isn't so.You can try 70vg/30pg or higher vg up to full vg e-liquids.

vaporone

Jul 17, 2019
What is the pg/vg ratio of the new bottles?

Are you doing dl inhales?This tank is made for direct to lung vaping so if you inhale mouth to lung you'll burn the coil.
The burnt smell once a coil is burned,remains in the tank so remove the coil,wash the tank under the tap(you can use dish soap) and dry it.Prime a new coil and install it.Assemble the tank and fill it.

There is a possibility 50% PG is irritating your throat and gives you the impression the coil is burned tough it isn't so.You can try 70vg/30pg or higher vg up to full vg e-liquids.

New bottle is 70vg/30pg.

Hmmm... The cactus melon ice was good at first, but burnt after a new coil?
Fascinating.

It didn't actually taste good at first, I just assumed it was a bit burnt because the first coil was already used up.
Afterwards, went through 4 new different coils all for it to give a horrible burnt after taste in your mouth. Tried the coils with

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Welcome to the friendly bunch :)

I feel for you....that burnt taste is not good.....try out the ultimate coil break in methods stated above and make sure that when you take a puff that you are drawing enough air through the device as it's designed for quite a lot....Good luck :D

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread