Hot atomizer but no vapor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

planetofthevapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Pandhandle of Nebraska
Would you mind me asking what type atomizer it is and where it came from? I recently got 10 atomizers from a company (I will leave it at that for now, as the company is trying to make it right, I think I got a bad batch)...and after the primer was gone, the vapor left as well...it will make vapor every other drag, but not every drag. There is a problem with the wick (after taking one apart, I have a feeling the wick doesn't run through or even to the bridge and the wick is very gummed up anyways). So after a day, the vapor drops to little if anything. I'm just curious if you are having same problem with same people. PM me if you like. Oh, the kick is, even with dripping, I couldn't get vapor consistently, hency why I figured it was a wicking problen (and yes, i tried EVERY battery in the house, it's not a short in the battery).

Shadowdr

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Nashville Tn.
Mine to. I got a DuraC and the Janty atty didn't hardly produce right out of the box. I have been using the backup and now it works about like the other, heats a lot but barely any vapor. I should be getting a replacement today for the Janty branded one but I will not have a bacckup now. If it wasn't for my N-Pro I would be out of luck for vaping all together. I cleaned it a few times and it came back but not any more. By the way neither of them have the dragonfly wing things hanging out of the wick.

DigDreams

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Oldsmar, FL
I'm about done with this thing. I dont' know what to do. My first atomizer died within hours, now the second one is acting strange...

First it was getting hot (VERY hot) but little or no vapor, now it cuts off within about a second or a second and a half. They atty does not get hot any more beacuse I can't draw on it for more than a second and a half. I thought the cutoff was from the battery, but both batteries do this now.

I had such high hopes when I ordered my 510 but compared to my 901 it is a piece of garbage. I already sent back the first atomizer and will give it one more try when I get my replacement, but so far I aboslutley hate this thing.

Even when it worked I got at most 1/4th the battery life I get from my 901, and at most comparable vapor production. Now it's not even smokable.

Thank god this wasn't my first e-cig or I would still be on analogs.

Shadowdr

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Nashville Tn.
I got my replacement, infact he sent two. Good thing because one died within one minute but the other is fine. The spare that I was using has not gone cold but has quit producing the vapor that it had been at first. I think that perhaps they did have some bad ones produced for them or by them, I am confused by where they say they come from. I now have two out of four that just don't work worth a crap and one that is completely dead. I am sure glad I got the warranty with this thing and have a spare 4081 to smoke when it goes down again if it does. I have got to say however that when it works it has a throat hit that is beyond compare even from the 4081.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
anyone else experience this? the atomizer gets pretty hot but i'm getting no vapor. this is a brand new atomizer btw. i've tried dripping, fresh cart, and fully charged battery :(

Did you get replacements ceejay?

Have it, too: atomizer running hot without getting vapor (fluid loaded, feeding is in contact, batteries are fine). Did already try various cleaning steps (alcohol, pressurized air) of no avail. I certainly intend to exchange it, as long as warranty lasts. Good luck to you.

How 'bout you Tom, replacments?

Mine to. I got a DuraC and the Janty atty didn't hardly produce right out of the box. I have been using the backup and now it works about like the other, heats a lot but barely any vapor. ........

I'm about done with this thing. I dont' know what to do. My first atomizer died within hours, now the second one is acting strange...
First it was getting hot (VERY hot) but little or no vapor, now it cuts off within about a second or a second and a half. They atty does not get hot any more beacuse I can't draw on it for more than a second and a half. I thought the cutoff was from the battery, but both batteries do this now.
Thank god this wasn't my first e-cig or I would still be on analogs.

Sorry to hear the probs ya'll are having w/ the 510's but at least I now know I wasn't totally off my nut. I was so taken with the 510 initially that I ordered 3 additional kits and 4 extra attys. Supplier even threw in an extra atty. I lumped everything together and started going through it all.

I quit after the 5th atty suffered from everything you all described. I couldn't imagine for the life of me what I could be doing wrong. I took all the troubleshooting steps planetofthevapes described and then some. Contacted the supplier, agreed it was weird but replaced all 11 anyway. The replacements are all functioning for now.

Don't know 'bout the batteries digdreams, I've been lucky in that respect. I will say that the charge on the new batteries doesn't seem to hold as long as my original 2.

Suffice to say I've a whole new appreciation of, and relationship with, my 901's and 4075's!

DigDreams

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Oldsmar, FL
Don't know 'bout the batteries digdreams, I've been lucky in that respect. I will say that the charge on the new batteries doesn't seem to hold as long as my original 2.

Well, since it was past the point of "useless" I decided to try boiling the atomizer. At first it acted exactly the same, still cutting off after 1.5 seconds. I dripped a few extra drops of liquid on to the atomizer and let it soak in for a while. This seems to have corrected the problem and I can now draw on it for 5-7 seconds like it originally worked.

Vapor production is back to a better level, but still not as good as my 901 (maybe 75%) but the cartrige needs to be pretty much full for it to work. Once the cartrige drops to the level where it takes 1-2 drops to top it off, the vapor goes down to a few whisps and the battery starts cutting off after 1.5 seconds again. Once it does this you have to top off the cartridge and add a drop or two to the atomizer, after about 3 or 4 puffs it is back to 5-7 seconds again. I tried 4 different cartriges including a pre-filled Marlboro that came with it.

Figuring this out took me about 45 minutes, during which time I went through both batteries, so after it re-charges I will try it again.

DigDreams

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Oldsmar, FL
LOL, it is the batteries that are bad. I finally tried it at night where I coudl see the light (it's too dim to see in the day).

Fiddling with the atomizer has nothing to do with it, it was just a coincidence. Both batteries have random cutoff times of any where between .5 and 8 seconds. Most of the time they get stuck at around 1.5 seconds, which is not enought time to generate any vapor.

Nietzsc

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
México
I have two 510 atomizers (both from heavengifts) the first one is 3 months old and the second one is one week old.

The first is still working amazing, but the second is not producing a lot of vapor but it gets really hot. I've tried with several batteries. The atty reads the same resistance as when I unpackaged it (also same as the first atty)

I tried to add more juice, vaping it untill no more juice and still can't find what's wrong. Sometimes it produces some, and sometimes it doesn't produce .....

Heeelp!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread