Hot Ejuice hit the throat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raihan H X

Apr 27, 2019
Hi everyone!
Hope you’re all having a wonderful day.
Last night I had a slight accident where my Zeus X tank made a popping noise while vaping and a hot drop of ejuice shot straight up my mouth and hit the root of my tongue near the throat. Before swallowing the juice I was able to spit it out.
There’s a slight swelling and pain there, should I be worried?

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
It’s better since breaking my fast, thank you
That's good. Some tanks coils really "pop" and shoot hot drops up. I used to have and use an Aspire Revvo. Was a good tank but if it sat for a while not used the first fire up would cause a big "pop" and send up a little puff of vape and a hot drop of juice. I got used to firing it just in my hand, not to vape, for the first one and watch it send up a tiny vape signal before I used it if it had sat for a while unused. Not nice getting that hot drop I know, the Revvo was notorious for that.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
lol that's nothing to be concerned about. You've done worse to yourself sipping on too hot coffee. And swallowing the juice would have been fine too. It just means you've wicked your Zeus X a bit loosely and there was an air bubble in the cotton or rayon. It can be tricky to wick the cotton right since it's very unforgiving: too loose and you get popping and poor flow; too tight and you get scorching and poor flow. Rayon is a bit nicer to work with since the tighter you wick it the better.

Raihan H X

Apr 27, 2019
That's good. Some tanks coils really "pop" and shoot hot drops up. I used to have and use an Aspire Revvo. Was a good tank but if it sat for a while not used the first fire up would cause a big "pop" and send up a little puff of vape and a hot drop of juice. I got used to firing it just in my hand, not to vape, for the first one and watch it send up a tiny vape signal before I used it if it had sat for a while unused. Not nice getting that hot drop I know, the Revvo was notorious for that.
Hence I decided to use the Nautilus 2s until I receive my nee tank. The Zeus X seems to be popping more often than I care for

Northstar6

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2019
I used a Vuse Alto briefly after switching from cigarettes. I was looking through some of my old vape stuff and found a full Alto pod and decided to pop it on the device and try it again...gave me a mouthful of hot juice.

And then I was reminded of why I stopped using the thing to begin with...the pods were awful.

Raihan H X

Apr 27, 2019
Snap crackle and POP!!! Hot pops are annoying but harmless. Unless of course you do it repeatedly and the pop lands in exactly the same spot every time. Then you might get a blister.
Yes indeed there was a blister and it lasted for about 5 days during which time I had a tiny bit of irritation during swallowing food. Now I know better

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Honestly, I'm not a doctor but I almost want to say you are going to be fine.

I suppose there is always the possibly that your mouth contains the germs responsible for necrotizing fasciitis, but I doubt that quite highly.

Also not really much worry in like, swallowing a drop of eliquid either. It won't poison.

You might want to post pics of your build and wicking though, to get some anti spitting and popping measures of assistance.

Feel better.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread