Hot Mouth Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evie Luv

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie with many questions so please be nice. I bought the standard triton kit. With the 600 something battery. The black mouthpiece gets really hot and burns my lips. Does this happen to you guys? What can I do to change it?

Hi ckahapea. I've never had mine get that hot. Do you think you just may prefer a cooler vape? You might want to try the higer resistant coils, I use the 2.6-2.8 ohm coils. I like it a bit cooler. My mouth piece gets warm but hasn't ever gotten hot even with the standard 2.2-2.4 coils that came with your 650 kit. ;) Does this happen with both batteries? I was just wondering if your battery is burning hotter. :)

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Happens with all tanks (the thing the juice goes into). I am also not a chain vapor so I'm not using the battery constantly.
Hi, ckahapea. And welcome!!!

With all due respect, I think you are a chain vapor. The only way the black tip gets hot is repeated hits without letting it cool down. Either that or you are taking really long hits. Remember, it's ok to put the device down! Don't vape it like you were smoking a cigarette. Take a hit, savor it, and wait a bit till the next hit. The nic takes a minute or two to affect your body, as opposed to a cig that hits within 15 seconds. If you feel the top metal ring on the tank getting hot, then stop. Let it cool.

And after the labordaze sale is over, you can get 10% off juice with the code ECFTEN2014. But this sale is for everything, so if you need a second charger (you do!), and a few more tanks and coils and batteries, this is the time to get it. And double points are GREAT! Remember the points are figured AFTER the discount!

And guess what? You are a Halon!

(Halon ©2013 wheezal)

absoluttalent

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Lombard, IL
In my experience, there are only 2 times the tip gets too hot for my lips

1- If the mouthpiece isnt actually in my mouth, but just pressed up against the tips of my lips

2- If i tard out and take wayyyyy to long on a drag

The mouth piece is nice and curved for a reason, your lips should be resting on the halfway point of the black tip.
Take a hit anywhere between 2 and 7 seconds at max, a SLOW draw so it works properly (they arent like cigarettes), release, wait 30-45 seconds for your next one.
Since you said you are new, look up the threads in the newbie section about proper vaping technique. Dont draw on it like a cigarette, but more like a fine cigar.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
After reading this...this is probably some of the issues you are having all around. If you chain vape-the drip tip will get hot, you are not letting the coil cool which can burn the juice and give you burnt tastes.

It can also scorch the juice still in your tank causing it to taste bad and it can burn the wick very quickly. Besides scorched juice, a burnt wick will give you nasty tasting juice.

If you look at the wick after vaping, slightly pull the top flavor wick that is loose and look at the center, I bet yours will have a dark brown spot in the middle where the wick has burnt. This will happen eventually to all the wicks after use, but I could bet yours is happening much faster.

Think of it as the same thing when chain smoking and referred to "hot boxing". The filter of the cig will burn hot and you get a very hot drag if you hot box too much. You're basically doing the same thing right now with the Triton and not allowing it to cool down.

You are probably having some awful nic fits from stopping cigs so either you need to up your nic and/or read up on the proper inhalation techniques posted above for ecigs, Its a learning curve but done properly, you will not want those nasty cancer sticks again.

Last edited:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I tend to take long drags with short breaks in between so I am making the coil too hot which then makes the mouthpiece too hot and thus burns my lips. You guys are awesome with all this help. Thanks so much!

Glad we can help! It can be frustrating at first but hang in there. I promise it will get better!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread