Hot tank when using nickel/temp control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sally_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
VA
Just got new Aspire Titan/Atlantis nickel coils, noticed the tank is getting very hot after 3 or 4 puffs. Wondering if there's a need for concern with that.

If so, I was looking for some answers before posting and found 510 heat sink adapter ( https://www.fasttech.com/products/3023/10010809/1923808 ), could this help or work with temp control?

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City

Rockwell222

Sep 21, 2015
My wife has been having an issue with that with her STM and titanium coil that I built for her. I use titanium in all my subtanks and they never get half as hot as hers. I'm going to rebuild it and see if that helps. I wonder if it's something to do with the build of that specific coil. I would maybe pop in a new coil and see if it helps. Also I've used the heat sink adapter from fasttech and it seems to work fine with temp control. It may raise the resistance a tad but it should be to drastic. I would definitely check to make sure it's not just the coil being a dud.

Reactions: Sally_

Sally_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
VA
The tank started getting really hot when I switched to lower ohm coil heads. I originally had vapeonly nickel coils, they run around .28 ohms, but I got the new Triton/Atlantis nickel coils they are .15 ohms. I know that's the reason, I just wasn't sure if the base getting so hot could cause a problem. Thanks for letting me know about the heat sink Rockwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread