Status
Not open for further replies.

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
It doesn't matter whether I'm at 5.5v or 3.7v, after for being used for a few 'toots' the box is HOT. As in, too uncomfortable to wrap my fingers around and hold it. I'm talking about the area around the regulator (front and back), not the entire box. The battery next to the electronics is getting hot as well.

Maybe u have a faulty unit? Ive been using mine pretty regularly chain vaping and the only time I notice it getting fairly hot is at lower voltages (4v and under). I think this regulator works best at higher voltages so it doesnt have to dispel as much unused volts as heat. I could be wrong. I havent had formal electronics education in about 15+ years lol.

MrWarspite

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
The lower the voltage you run the warmer it will be, the batteries are pushing out around 8volts fresh off the charger. So if your running at 3.7, thats 4+ volts the regulator has to convert to heat.

I think you might want to open a ticket with madvapes on your unit. Ive been hitting mine all morning and the outer box will get slightly warm after the 4th drag but nothing like what your describing. I usually take 2-4 drags every 15 minutes or so.

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
If it getting to hot to hold then that does not sound right .
Mine will get very warm when i chain vape but not to the point of being to hot to hold.
If its too hot to hold im sure the hot glue inside will start to distort as well.
When it gets hot, the VV board moves (the pot moves away from the hole). Put it back into position & when it cools, it's solidly in place again. So I guess you're right about the glue.

Kenji

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
Ca
Yea I am having he same issue with the over heating. After like the 8-9 draw LED goes nuts and shuts off ... no power. I have to wait like 1-2 mins for it to cool down.... kinda kills the vape. I dont think im hitting it that hard. Just normal vaping, 2 draws 5-10 seconds rest then another 2 and so on. Am i vaping too hard ?

Kenji

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
Ca
I got the gray ultra fires that I got from madvapes also, Hmmmm if it is just the batteries then I guess ill just buy some AWs ..... lol if I can find them. supertmanufacturing is bone dry. I guess Ill look around and fine a place that is good and sells real AWs. Thanks, i hope the batties are the issue.

Last edited:

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
LOL thanks just checked them out but seems they are out of the AW 14500 IMR, im not sure whats the difference is with the IMR and the protected ones. But what I have heard is the IMR would be the better choice. I did Find some on Altsmoke, ill give them a try. I hope and pray that the batts are the issue.

Protected have circuitry to protect the batteries. IMRs have safe chemistry and don't have the protection. That means IMRs are capable of higher current draw than the protected cells.

Kenji

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
Ca
LOL Im crossing my Fingers and hoping. I love this VV, it fits nice in the hands and the taste the warmth the thickness of the vapors is super awesome. I am checking the ultra fire i got ..... one seems to be a bit longer then the other ....... LOL well hopefully i will get my new aw by the end of the week from altsmoke and let that be the solution to my issue. I pray these will be true aw batts also. Ill come back with an update if everything is solved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread