House issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahonam

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2008
Does anyone else here vape House 60pg/40vg with a Kanger ProTank? I'm currently having issues and wondering if anyone else has them also. It seems that when the tank gets half empty, the vapor productions really drops off. I've also noted that when it gets halfway empty, the juice becomes very dark in color, almost as dark as a pepsi/coca-cola. Any way to prvent this from occuring and any fixes for the vapor production?
Thanks

tincbtrar

Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
NYC
Does anyone else here vape House 60pg/40vg with a Kanger ProTank? I'm currently having issues and wondering if anyone else has them also. It seems that when the tank gets half empty, the vapor productions really drops off. I've also noted that when it gets halfway empty, the juice becomes very dark in color, almost as dark as a pepsi/coca-cola. Any way to prvent this from occuring and any fixes for the vapor production?
Thanks

With 60/40 - vapor producting may suffer a tad - but typically the taste is more intensified.

Dont have a protank - but with any BCC (like Evod,T3,etc.) ive noticed that I have had to rebuild them quite frequently when using these types of juices. My suggestion? Vape away and forget about the color. Im guessing that the protank is built the same as the Evod - 2mm wick running at about 2 ohm with some flavor wick on top. I rebuild at around 1.5 to 1.8 ohms and use .8mm flavor wicks.

Asmuth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Virginia
It's because the coil in your head is gunked up.

The heads for the protank are easy to clean. I have 4 evods in rotation for copper creek juices(house, voo's, voodoo & twisted), and they use the same heads as the protank. I change out heads with every tank. I have a few heads in rotation and I'm always soaking a head. When I fill up a tank I take the head out, pop the top piece off and soak it all in alcohol. Then I take a head that's soaking out of the alcohol, rinse it good with hot water, dry the top wicks with a paper towel, burn the gunk off of the coil, put a few drops of juice on the coil and put the top wicks/cap/rubber piece back on. It's good to go after that. It takes me about 3 minutes to get the head back in the tank from the alcohol bath. If you only have one head, then soak it for about 10 minutes.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
Thank you for such good advice. If you don't mind, would you post this in the tips and tricks thread? Or may I copy it over there?
It's because the coil in your head is gunked up.

The heads for the protank are easy to clean. I have 4 evods in rotation for copper creek juices(house, voo's, voodoo & twisted), and they use the same heads as the protank. I change out heads with every tank. I have a few heads in rotation and I'm always soaking a head. When I fill up a tank I take the head out, pop the top piece off and soak it all in alcohol. Then I take a head that's soaking out of the alcohol, rinse it good with hot water, dry the top wicks with a paper towel, burn the gunk off of the coil, put a few drops of juice on the coil and put the top wicks/cap/rubber piece back on. It's good to go after that. It takes me about 3 minutes to get the head back in the tank from the alcohol bath. If you only have one head, then soak it for about 10 minutes.

Asmuth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Virginia
Dark juices gunk up coils a lot faster. Vapor is going to reduce because of the gunk dry burning will help. All juices get darker in color you are in a way cooking the juice while you vape it.

I agree, tincbtrar said "Vape away and forget about the color", but I find when the juice gets darker it mutes the flavor of the juice and I feel like I'm wasting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread