Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
I'm trying to drip for the first time, and it is just NOT working. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and/or give suggestions?

I have a standard joyetech 510 atty and a plastic drip tip on it. After each failed attempt, I have blown it dry and then dry-burned it on my eVic which is what I'm attempting to use to drip.
I then, with the atty attached to my PV, drip 3 drops of juice directly (as much as I can) onto the mesh bridge.
Then, I pop the mouthpiece back on, fire it, and one or more of these happens:
-Burnt, hot, disgusting hit.
-Almost no vapor
-Small vapor, but totally muted flavor.

I've attempted to do this at 3.0 volts, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, and 5.0.
And I always have a bad time.

Can someone please let me know what I'm doing wrong?

moresalt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2013
Tucson,Az
So you're not soaking it in anything before you dry burn it? And you're just blowing the remainder of the juice out of the atty? One word...don't. There is no need to dry burn an atty if you've just blown out some remnant juices. And it only needs blowing out if you're going to be changing juices. And I've found that after dry burning an atty you'll probably need 5-7 drops to properly fill the atty (especially if it still has its wick and bridge). Your symptoms all could point to a lack of juice in the atty.

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
Alright, tried two different things:
Added about 5-7 drops as recommended.
I switched juices to one from a completely different vendor. I really don't see if that would have been the issue considering they're both 50/50 blends.

Either way, it was MUCH better this time around. Thanks for the advice and keep it coming! :)

Metsmafia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Jersey
Alright, tried two different things:
Added about 5-7 drops as recommended.
I switched juices to one from a completely different vendor. I really don't see if that would have been the issue considering they're both 50/50 blends.

Either way, it was MUCH better this time around. Thanks for the advice and keep it coming! :)

I always prime a new atomizer or one that's been blown out with about 6 drops then when it starts to get dry I add 4 drops. You can feel if it's going to be a dry hit before you even inhale. It takes a lot of trial and flooding to get it right but there's no need to blow the atomizer out if you flood it. I usually just unscrew it, clean the juice out of the 510 connector, wipe off the atty with a tissue, screw it back in and vape away. Once you have it mastered there is no better way to vape IMO. The only time I ever use a tank of any sorts is when I'm out and about or driving.

moresalt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2013
Tucson,Az
i feel that if you don't have a flavor eraser, 2-3 quick dry burns is most effective for getting rid of the previous flavor and trying a new one.

I actually go to extremes when changing juices. I soak the attys in vodka and the rinse in water and then dry burn. It takes longer, but I'm retired an after 6:00 I can't play anymore golf. So I have a couple of attys and a couple of shot glasses with vodka. So I try some liquid and try some vodka, and drop the atty in the vodka...etc, etc. lastly I tri same vadka and sip some juice and plop the glas into the voodkaa...and den I'm good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread