How Am I Dripping Incorrectly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)
I actually go to extremes when changing juices. I soak the attys in vodka and the rinse in water and then dry burn. It takes longer, but I'm retired an after 6:00 I can't play anymore golf. So I have a couple of attys and a couple of shot glasses with vodka. So I try some liquid and try some vodka, and drop the atty in the vodka...etc, etc. lastly I tri same vadka and sip some juice and plop the glas into the voodkaa...and den I'm good.

Don't forget to take a sip or two of the vodka in between.......lol.

CptBragg

Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Texas
I have never had much luck with standard (bridge or no bridge) attys myself. RDAs are superior once you get past the learning curve of proper coil building. You can run any thickness of juice through them. I have had less issue with leaking or flooding (on most types). They are easier to clean or swap flavor (I just torch mine). In the long run they are much cheaper too, considering there are plenty of good/great quality RDAs under the $15 price range and rebuilding costs mere pennies. I will say though, since I have been an rda/RBA vaper, I havent given standard attys much thought...

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    The key to learning how to drip is to not get all frustrated & mad when things don't go as planned. We've all been there, it's just part of the learning curve. So just expect the dry hits, flooding the atty, and maybe even popping an atty or two. Right now you are at step one of the ten point curve, so forget about all the cleaning stuff, and work on the filling it part.

2.1 ohm will work just fine, matter of fact I have a 2.1 ohm coil in the RDA that I'm using. hint: Joyeteck designed that atomizer for use on their Joyetech batteries, so don't be surprised when it works best at a fairly low voltage.

When that atty is all nice & clean, it takes 5-6 drops to prime it. I found that what worked best with that atty was to prime it, then take ONE hit, and then add three drops and vape away. You will have to learn the taste just before an atty goes dry just like the rest of us had too.

Personal opinion of course, but to much cleaning is a mistake, atties work a lot better with a little bit of crud buildup in them.
    I blow mine out from time to time, but I think I last "cleaned" my atties last December, or maybe it was in January. And, if I'm awake, I'm using a dripping atty.
    P1000687_zps8a851894.jpg

Faylool

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 7, 2012
    Sweet Home, Oregon USA
    Yeah. Just sticking with it is best idea of all. Try different atties too. I drip over drip and fling when things are getting messed up. Fling out the extra juice wipe off the drip tip and vape several hits. Sounded to me lime flooding the over vaping once it got going good. Depends on atty for sure but 4- to 8 hits and time to evaluate. You get to where you know the next hit will burn it...like one poster said.,if you never flood an atty or burn the coil then you arent learning to drip properly. And like i always say if you arent getting frustrated you provbably arent learning anything. Oh, each juice is didfferent. I vape standard atties.mi dint need low reserve for dripping. No body does imo. Too easy to burn things in low reserve. Im sure there are people who WONT agree! Any atty below 2.00 is a problem unless you are an expert

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread