how can I try e liquids without an RDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chebird

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Western Mass
I am stocked full of e liquids, and growing... I am fairly new to vaping and Im not sure if im ready or willing(timewise) to go RDA yet. Im confident that I could build well, as im in the plumbing and heating business i.e. I work with my hands all day everyday and have tons of handy tools. Thing is I enjoy my clearo's with my MVP2, have a protank, not sure if I want to complicate things at this point.

I read a post about an HH.357 Long Barrel Hybrid atomizer went to the site, and it once again sounds over my head, is this a devise I can screw on my MVP and be able to try my many flavors without filling/dumping/wasting juices or having to clean coils each time i want to try a new flavor?

Does any of this make sense to anyone?

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Just go to any vendor's site (or Google) 510 dripping atomizer. What you're looking for is what looks like a cartomizer but it's only about 1/4 long and doesn't have the filling. They aren't the best, but they work pretty well I'm told, and they're cheap ($4-5).

I'm also looking to start dripping and am looking at these for starters before moving into the HH atomizers and RDA's.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Yes, the HH357, or any dripping atomizer, is very well suited for trying many different flavors without any major cleaning or wasting of juice. The HH357 is just a 510 dripping atomizer that is made by hand. You can get regular 510 atomizers, or even 306 atomizers that have an exposed bridge, at 1/3 of the price. The HH357 is just the Rolls Royce of prebuilt atomizers, as it has incredibly consistent performance and great flavor. RDAs are the next step beyond the HH357. You can get basic attys just about anywhere - 510 Atomizers

Here is a basic "how to drip" video that should explain a little more...

Last edited:

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
Just go to any vendor's site (or Google) 510 dripping atomizer. What you're looking for is what looks like a cartomizer but it's only about 1/4 long and doesn't have the filling. They aren't the best, but they work pretty well I'm told, and they're cheap ($4-5).

I'm also looking to start dripping and am looking at these for starters before moving into the HH atomizers and RDA's.

get the debridged style of these and you can only put about 3 drops in them at a time (just saying so you don't put 15 drops in right away), gurgling is correct to hear when dripping, just so you know, also get some plain vg from walmart (by the pharmacy counter) and drip and vape a drop or 2 between flavor changes (also put a drop or 2 in it when you are done to keep the coil moist)

Trust me, small RDA's are easy to build coils for and the MVP2 will check the ohms and for shorts for you. I have several cheap knockoffs I ordered from Fasttech and they work fine for sampling flavors - sample on the MVP2 so you can try different wattages to see what works best for that flavor (use wattage mode - if you use voltage mode and the resistance is different from dripper to tank it wont be the same) of course the flavor won't be exactly the same between the 2 anyway as airflow will effect flavor also

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
And just to drive the point home, here is a good pbusardo video about dripping where he talks about his venture into dripping, which also covers some of the noob mistakes he makes along the way. Sorry for triple posting all of these videos, but I think the more you see other talking about dripping, the more comfortable you will be for your first time, and you won't be afraid to experiment and make a few of your own mistakes along the way. ;)

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
get the debridged style of these and you can only put about 3 drops in them at a time (just saying so you don't put 15 drops in right away), gurgling is correct to hear when dripping, just so you know, also get some plain vg from walmart (by the pharmacy counter) and drip and vape a drop or 2 between flavor changes (also put a drop or 2 in it when you are done to keep the coil moist)

Trust me, small RDA's are easy to build coils for and the MVP2 will check the ohms and for shorts for you. I have several cheap knockoffs I ordered from Fasttech and they work fine for sampling flavors - sample on the MVP2 so you can try different wattages to see what works best for that flavor (use wattage mode - if you use voltage mode and the resistance is different from dripper to tank it wont be the same) of course the flavor won't be exactly the same between the 2 anyway as airflow will effect flavor also

Thanks--I just ordered an iTaste VV V3 and I was going to get some cheap RDA's (actually had one in my cart) but then I sort of chickened out. I figure the iTaste will be good for checking ohms when I get to that point. I have an eRoll that I don't use much anymore, and I removed the spike from the ego-C atomizer and am dripping in that for now (I noticed when cleaning that it looked just like a bridgeless dripping atty). It's kinda fun to do but I only get 2 drops and about 10-15 hits out of it. Great for tasting though!

Last edited:

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
I tried dripping, it just sucks bad when u get a dry burnt hit.
Im still having night mares!

I personally do one of two things,
I either use an unpunched cartomizer, i use different color and design drip tips bought cheap on fasttech to identify whats in them. Can also rubber band them to the bottle of juice.

Or i use a bottom coil clearo, i use the tumbler, but and evod would work, or any. If i dont like the juice i dump everything and rinse with water and refill it. I dont dry burn i dont use dish soap. Its not a big deal. Just dont fill the bottom coil clearo with a lot of juice.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I tried dripping, it just sucks bad when u get a dry burnt hit.
Im still having night mares!

I personally do one of two things,
I either use an unpunched cartomizer, i use different color and design drip tips bought cheap on fasttech to identify whats in them. Can also rubber band them to the bottle of juice.

Or i use a bottom coil clearo, i use the tumbler, but and evod would work, or any. If i dont like the juice i dump everything and rinse with water and refill it. I dont dry burn i dont use dish soap. Its not a big deal. Just dont fill the bottom coil clearo with a lot of juice.

I started on the eroll and moved on to evods and vivi novas, and they've been easy as pie. But I don't like pouring them out if I don't like a flavor, and you can't fill them just enough to get a taste. My intention for dripping is really just to taste the juices without the wick affecting the flavor.

Last edited:

brevity

Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Atlanta
I have to second the good ol' 510 atomizer for sampling flavors. One thing to keep in mind some juices, even when cleaning/using vg/etc will still linger and tarnish new flavors being used in the atomizer. In my experience menthol and cinnamon flavored juices seem to do this.

I've found heavy grape flavors to be the worst for this... Even after rinsing wicks til they're clear. Don't know about an RDA though.

chebird

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Western Mass
Thanks for the tips, and videos, I tried to watch that from the guy who created the hybrid last night but it wouldnt load, so my confidence is better now that ive seen some how-to videos, I wanted to go ahead and order a couple for my fiancee and I in red and blue but there out of stock it seems on all colors besides black and stainless(which I have a ton of in various other devices). Oh well guess Ill wait because im not spending 44$ unless im getting what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread