Status
Not open for further replies.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Add some vegetable glycerin to it.

VG will make it smoother and produce more visible vapor. However, it also tends to mute the flavoring a bit and if you're adding it to a premade liquid then it's going to dilute both the flavoring and nicotine content. But, it will give you the desired smoother hit with more vapor.

You can buy vegetable glycerin in places like Walmart, CVS, or Walgreens.

The Ministry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
Cramlington, Northumberland, UK
Hi, and welcome to ECF!

I mix my own liquids, and if a batch is too harsh I add some PG to the liquid to smooth it out. It produces more vapor but mutes the taste somewhat. You can get it relatively cheaply online (I pay £3.99 for 100ml)

Something like this Vegetable Glycerine (VG) 100ml - Cloud 9 Vaping

It will hopefully give you the desired effect.

Water might help, but I've never tried that!

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Hi, and welcome to ECF!

I mix my own liquids, and if a batch is too harsh I add some PG to the liquid to smooth it out. It produces more vapor but mutes the taste somewhat. You can get it relatively cheaply online (I pay £3.99 for 100ml)

Something like this Vegetable Glycerine (VG) 100ml - Cloud 9 Vaping

It will hopefully give you the desired effect.

Water might help, but I've never tried that!

DO WHAT?

I think you have that backwards.

PG provides THROAT HIT, retains flavor, and but produces less visible vapor.
VG provides visible vapor but mutes flavors and has little or no throat hit.

PG and VG: Throat Hit, Vapor, and Consistency

Last edited:

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Yes, that VG will work just fine.

As for "how much", that's entirely up to you. What I would do is get a clearo or tank and fill it with 1ml of your liquid. Then just one drop of the VG. Mix it around really good and take a few puffs to work the old mix through the wick to get to the new blend. If one drop isn't enough, add a second, and so-on until you get to the point you want.

Then you can scale that to the remaining amount in the bottle. If you've got 25ml left in the bottle, multiply the number of drops by 25 and add that amount.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
You can add up to 30% distilled water. I have, personally, never gone as high as 30% since my usual ADV comes at 50/50 only I just add about 10% DW. The premixed juice is way too strong for me so I buy a higher nic than I prefer and dilute it with distilled water to taste and for best wicking in my toppers. Depending on how much TH I want, I may use some PG instead or in addition but DW will give more vapor than it does plus helps moisturize tissues that get dried out from, mainly, PG. Why don't I use VG?: Because its already 50% VG and VG cause congestion for me is one reason and the other is wicking.... the thinner the juice, usually, the better it will wick. Bottom line: I usually use distilled water when playing with a premixed for adjustments.

This is a good calculator for either adjusting your premixed or DIYn from scratch:

DIY E-Liquid Combining Calculator

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread