Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
(Isn't that generally determined by the coils on offer for the tank, and the layout of its airflow? As an example, you could take the Baby Beast, a renowned DL cloud producer, put a Joyetech ProC1-S MTL coil in it, pretty much close the air vents, and have a happy MTL vape with it...)
Yes. Primarily used as subohm, but if the coil is changed, smaller diameter drip tip, lower wattage, and tighter airflow, they can be used for MTL.
The same goes for RDA'S.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

NZtechfreak

Aug 4, 2018
You generally will not get a remotely good MTL vape from these kinds of tanks, even if you close off the AFC a lot and use a higher ohm coil. These are DL, if you want MTL my advice is get a proper MTL tank. There are only a few that can do both well, and they are specifically designed to have changeable *internal* airflow inlets (Savour, Skyline, Hussar)

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
(Isn't that generally determined by the coils on offer for the tank, and the layout of its airflow? As an example, you could take the Baby Beast, a renowned DL cloud producer, put a Joyetech ProC1-S MTL coil in it, pretty much close the air vents, and have a happy MTL vape with it...)
5 years ago when the only way to vape at above 10 watts and have a direct lung hot was sub ohm and a mech.. OHM matters.....

The difference between a mtl and DL atty is the internal air space and size of the airflow passages. They can use the same ohm coils although the mtl will likely run smaller coils at lower wattages... because you don't need a big coil that vaporizes tons of juice at high wattage with low air flows.

Look at the drip tip.... if the hole is less than 1/4 inch... the atty might be mtl capable. .... bigger probably not. There's no hard rule some DTL atties can be OK as mtl...... some MTL atties can open up enough for good DTL.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I've vaped a few tanks that way (modifications, etc.).

My question though is like, if you want a MTL tank, why not just get one, because it has been my experience that the best MTL tanks are designed for that. If you want a weird, hybrid mess of a vape, sure switch out the driptip, crank the airflow down, vape the highest resistance coil at the lowest wattage you can get away with....

and have a really great time with your mediocre, flavorless, sort of weird MTL vape.

I don't even GET why some of the seriously sub0hm tanks provide a MTL coil unless someone wants a real stealth option or whatever, other than perhaps said person loves that tank so much they never want to use anything else. It happens.

IMHO (unless you've already bought all those tanks and then decided MTL was your thing) I would scrap that list and begin another one that really has MTL vapes on it.

Etc.

Just my humble opinion of course.

Anna

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I have all of these tanks, I consider all to be DTL tanks.

I really only use the NRG, Revvo and Valyrian. The others I have because they came with a mod I purchased. The Revvo has the best flavor and longest lasting coils but 3.6ml capacity with a ~0.16 ohm coil is kind of a bad match, way too much time filling it.

The SMOK tanks I don’t care for because of SMOK coils, they are decent tanks with Vaporesso coils but if I’m going to use Vaporesso coils I’m going to use them in the Vaporesso tank.

The Aero Mesh from Geek Vape I probably haven’t given a fair shot. I used the 2 coils that came with it and they didn’t last. I’m happy with the NRG and it’s mesh coils so I had no need to try the Aero Mesh any further.

The reason I asked is, I was playing with them as configured by the manufacturer using them MTL and they worked surprisingly well, reduced vapor production but flavor worked well. What I wanted to know is would I be satisfied with them as MTL to reduce juice consumption??? So was just curious what others thought. This is what happens when it rains all weekend and I’m stuck alone in the motorhome.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Well congrats, you must be really good at MTL, seriously. I couldn't do it.

Although I almost hesitate to say it, but MTL is a broad category? So, how'd you do it? What resistance coils? Driptip? Did you tape up any airholes? What wattages were you using?

LOL, I am actually really curious.

Anna

It really wasn’t hard to do. When I smoked it was MTL so not hard to repeat that (in to mouth hold it draw into lungs) but what was hard was to remember to actually do it, force of habit wants to send the vape straight to lungs.

All between .15 to .18ohm, 50 to 73 watts, used the drip tips supplied by the manufacturer, air holes roughly 50% closed or open depending on your point of view.

The Revvo seemed to be the odd one, flavor was about the same, vapor density seemed very close, hard to detect the difference with it. I think it could be used interchangeably but there is nothing you can do it make the the draw tight as the drip tip is not replaceable. You can close the airholes way down but that tends to draw juice on top of the coil, allows juice to build in the top cap and since it is a top coil without lots of airflow it get the drip tip and top cap fairly hot.

It did point out that the Revvo would make for a somewhat viable stealth option, maybe not as good as a true MTL tank but certainly better than any of the others. IT would be good for those boardroom meeting days. Would beat holding the vape in until it completely disipates. I always worry that as soon as I have a lung full of vape someone will ask me a question and out will come a cloud.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Good lord, now my question is what do you consider DL and what state do you live in so I can keep my eye out for the wild PLUMES of vape, LOL. I have one of my tanks MTLing away at 8.2 watts at the moment.

I'm impressed that you can do a MTL inhale at that wattage and resistance, I'd be coughing my brains out.

Anna
It may be that I smoked up to 4 pad when I quit. Today my nic levels are down to 0 to 3mg. I do produce a moderate cloud but nothing impressive. I do crave a big throat hit.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread