How do you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

epaVi

Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Toronto
I have been watching videos about atomizers, cartos, or even e-liquid reviews.

The one thing I am in awe of is how long people can pull and how much vapor comes out!

I read to do a light steady pull. I am a smoker, so I haul like its a cigarette. I cant find a way to do a steady draw. I cant do anything more than 6mg of Nicotine. Im a pack a day smoker. Anything higher than 6mg and I cant inhale. Cant do 70/30 PG liquids

I made another thread about this, but I really am becoming discouraged overall. I have only found one flavor that I liked. And now ever since I threw some in my arty and got a burnt taste, my fave juice tastes nothing like it did. Its almost like it lost its taste in the last 2 days. My GF tried as well and she said it doesnt taste the same.

I love the taste when I can get it done right. But it seems like its so few and far between. Im typing this now with sticky hands as I leak. Argh! :mad:

It ended up being mostly a rant - but really, I want to know how people pull for so long and get so much vape! LOL

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Depends on the device as well. I get more vapor with my vv mods & pv's. But long slow draws. Usually about 3-6 seconds. Takes some getting used to. When I first started I wanted to smoke like it was a cig. I choked so hard I had tears running down my eyes while I coughed my head off. Hang in there!!! It'll get better!

blackHelix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Ontario, Canada

The one thing I am in awe of is how long people can pull and how much vapor comes out!

I read to do a light steady pull. I am a smoker, so I haul like its a cigarette. I cant find a way to do a steady draw. I cant do anything more than 6mg of Nicotine. Im a pack a day smoker. Anything higher than 6mg and I cant inhale. Cant do 70/30 PG liquids

I made another thread about this, but I really am becoming discouraged overall. I have only found one flavor that I liked. And now ever since I threw some in my arty and got a burnt taste, my fave juice tastes nothing like it did. Its almost like it lost its taste in the last 2 days. My GF tried as well and she said it doesnt taste the same.

I love the taste when I can get it done right. But it seems like its so few and far between. Im typing this now with sticky hands as I leak. Argh! :mad:

It ended up being mostly a rant - but really, I want to know how people pull for so long and get so much vape! LOL

At first, your lungs are just not used to vapor. Are you smoking and vaping? Also, what is your setup? Some hardware vapes better with certain juice, than other juice, etc etc. Flavor is also subjective and you have to find the stuff you like the best. Stick with it man. It get's easier and much more enjoyable as you get further along and try out new things.

And yeah, Beccca is right - it's all about lighting!

PRIMER

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
DENVER 303

Been there...Keep vaping, it'll go away.

epaVi

Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Toronto
Thanks guys - your optimism helps (kinda) LOL

Im running an ego Twist. I cant even think about getting upgrading to something else right now LOL

I started with a Kanger T3. Leaks, gurgles and gives me too much cotton mouth. Then I went to an Atomizer. I have a SD that I want to try, but now Im starting to question the simple things - like what happens if I fill the SD up with juice and dont like it. Then how do I clean it? LOL

I also for some reason got V nano 510's. Do they even go with my eGo? Im now worried about what goes with what, volts etc

Smoking analogs seems so much easier. I just want to be comfortable enough with the eCigs because my quit date is coming up soon :(
Guess Im panicking

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
First of all, vaping is not smoking. Similar but different techniques work best.

When vaping, don't draw straight or directly into your lungs. Suck into your mouth as if you were drawing on a straw with a milkshake. Not hard pulls, slow consistant draws of 3-6 seconds duration. Some people do the tobacco "pipe puff" for lack of a better term, where you just do a very short puff into the mouth, blow it out, and repeat. Phil Busardo, a popular You Tube e-cig reviewer is well known to do this. This method can help as a primer puff to get sluggish juice delivery devices to wick better.

It's not even necessary to inhale vapor to absorb the nicotine within it. The nicotine in vapor is absorbed in the mouth and throat. Only inhale if you desire to. But do exhale some of the vapor out the nose, as it can help you to "taste" the flavors in your vapor.

All vapors go through the dreaded "Vapor's Tongue". This is when you can't taste any flavor in your juices. Can't explain why this happens, but it is quite common, and especially for new vapors.

I don't know how long you've been using the delivery devices you have, but they only have a limited life expectancy. It might be time to replace them.

Pentarth

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2012
Michigan
Ok first off if you're just quit smoking or are still using cigarettes than your lung function and capcity are diminished. Once you've been cigarette free for about 5 to 7 days you'll start to notice you can take a deep breath without any resistance. It gets steadily better and better over time. As for the video's you see on youtube, a lot of those reviewers cheat. they act like they are inhailing when they are really only pulling the vapor to the back of their throat and some of them exhaling thru their noses to make it look like they inhailed. Not all the reviewers are phony though. You can tell the honest ones after you've watched and learned enough about vaping. Also your setup and fluid type make an ENORMOUS difference in how much vapor production you get. The first time I tried a Genesis style atomizer I was in awe and disbelief.
As for your inability to vape higher than 6 mg nic. What kind of setup are you using? Have you gone to a vape shop and tried different setups, mods? Maybe try 100% VG?

epaVi

Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Toronto
The reference to pipe puff helps - thats what I do

I bought my eGO Twist two weeks ago, so its still rather new. I just picked up my atties on the weekend so everything is pretty new.

I have exhaled through my nostrils (doing the pipe puff a few times while holding the button) and do note that I taste things through my nose

Perhaps I have vapors tongue. Anyway to reset the senses? LOL

adopogi

Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Austin, Texas, United States
I was able to quickly learn the slow steady puff into the mouth then pull into my lungs for the TH. I wanted to see if I can get more vapor and recently I've been doing a slow steady draw straight to the lungs then continue with drawing just into the mouth then smoke ring away once my VAMO gets to the auto 10s shutoff haha.

The TH is still there but is drawn slower which I find smoother. When I gather vapor in the mouth first before going to the lungs the TH is massive and sores my throat quickly because I love to chain vape.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Perhaps I have vapors tongue. Anyway to reset the senses? LOL
I have a couple of atties, but never got the hang of dripping, so I can't offer much advice on those from personal experience. I believe that they have to be cleaned or dry burned frequently for best results. :confused:

Not much to do to help with the Vapor's Tongue. It seems to pass spontaneously on its own. Good oral hygiene, gently brushing the tongue, and PLENTY of water consumption should help. Some people try a stronger flavor like cinnamon, the 'mints, or a menthol flavor. Others give up and vape on a disliked flavor or flavorless as they can't taste it anyway.

rebgold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Wichita, KS
I had the same problem with my eliquid tasting good at first and then I think because we are new and trying to use it the same as a cigarette we overheat the cartos, or clearos and then it all tastes burnt and weird.
I also think that we all think we want dry, tobacco taste at first we get that dry weird tongue thing and everything tastes strange for a while. I'm thinking this is the reason all the long term vapors seem to love all the fruit and bakery flavors that sound so horrible to us new users. Who wants to smoke apple pie? But the thing is, you're not smoking but we're still trying to pretend we are. I think the sweeteners may actually help the weird taste thing and it takes a while to learn that?
Also, in my short 2 month experience, I switched from the clearos that came with my ego-K with cartos which seem to work better and taste better.

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
Its lights and cameras....dont worry.

No it's not.

Sure lighting helps... But it it's possible to get big enough clouds that it obscures my vision while driving if I don't have the A/C blowing.

Sent from the ether using the power of my mind... and the Tapatalk app.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread