The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How do you keep track of your cartos?

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by MollieA, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. uAdC

uAdC Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2009
    New Jersey
  2. retird

retird Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    North Side
    Small colored round stickers-----put one on the carto and one on the juice bottle....red=ry4 blue=555 etc....

3. Hypnophone

Hypnophone Moved On ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2011
    FEMA Region VI
    Yep, that's the only method that works for me so far.
    I've tried tape (it can melt if the carto gets too hot), sharpies (rubs off), paint pens (rubs off like sharpies).

Color-coded drip tips is the only reliable method I've found...

4. blue8091

blue8091 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2011
    Vape Town
    I use the Smokeless Image colored end caps uAdC just mentioned - and NAIL POLISH - just a drop..works perfectly - and I found tiny hair bands at walmart that were multi colored in a pack for a buck or two and those work great too. The hair band pack has multi sizes in it also and the next size up work perfectly to wrap around small plastic juice bottles too :)

5. Cyberpixie

Cyberpixie Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    UK
    I use tiny grip seal baggies, the ones with the white strips across the front of the bag so you can write on them. Then they all go into a small cosmetic bag.

6. hairball

hairball ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2010
    Other Places
    Get a labeler....I mark all of mine with one.

7. CWatkinsNash

CWatkinsNash Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Nashville, TN USA
    I feel fortunate in that the RN4081 cartos I use come in 5 colors, but as a relative newbie who is still trying a lot of different juices, it didn't take long for me to need something more. zoiDman posted a link to some Tenergy battery cases in this post back a few months ago, and the eBay seller is still selling them.

In each case (which holds 4 AA batteries) I have two cartos and two corresponding 3ml bottles. It keeps them organized at home and is easy to grab on the go. Right now I've got a ton of 3ml samples but I also have some bigger bottles, so I bought some empty 3mls and just fill them with the flavors of the moment and label them. They line up nicely in the storage bin too.

8. luvinitall

luvinitall Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    illinois
    Hi
    I use a silver sharpie,it works really good on black cartos;)

9. JoeDLion188

JoeDLion188 Full Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Portland, OR, USA
    I regularly vape 3 flavors, and bought color coded cartomizers for them, depending on what the original color was when I bought the pre-filled. I was also given some samples and I used those multicolored star stickers on the cart and bottle. The only problem is is that, eventually, everything has a silver star...

As far as just keeping carts organized, I've heard that 45 cal ammo trays work.

10. MollieA

MollieA Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2011
    Santa Monica
    That's what I ended up doing... found a good price on some plastic drip tips in different colours. Since I only vape about 3 or 4 different flavours at any given time, it is just easier to keep track with the tips and saves me the trouble of having to label each carto. Besides, my cartos last quite a long time- and sometimes I like to "blend" into another flavour by just changing juice into the same carto.

11. FredIsNotDead

FredIsNotDead Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2010
    Appleton, WI
    Plus it's a good excuse to buy lots of pretty drip tips. :) I also found a little customizable container in the fishing department that I keep my bottles and cartos that I'm not using organized together in the fridge.

12. styxzan

styxzan Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 2, 2011
    FL
    I have a very loose system. In fact, it's not even a system. But I try to color code them with drip tips.

13. b2d

b2d Full Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Nashvegas, TN
  14. sobero4

sobero4 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2010
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    sticky notes work wonders. I cut down sticky notes until they're a bit smaller in width than household transparent tape. I write what flavor and strength I have in them on the sticky note, apply the note to the cart, then circle the cut-down sticky note with the tape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.