How do you refresh your tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I just take out the old coil, clean out any traces of juice below it with a screwed up tissue, bang in the new coil, fill up, reassemble, clean the threads on the connector put it on attie, go off for a coffee while the new coil primes itself for 20 minutes and taht's the job done.

As I use mainly unflavoured or menthol liquids I don't worry about tastes transferring over.

Reactions: Freemax_Jerry

Freemax_Jerry

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I just take out the old coil, clean out any traces of juice below it with a screwed up tissue, bang in the new coil, fill up, reassemble, clean the threads on the connector put it on attie, go off for a coffee while the new coil primes itself for 20 minutes and taht's the job done.

As I use mainly unflavoured or menthol liquids I don't worry about tastes transferring over.
The job is bother,but you can get good flavour after you refresh your tanks:laugh:

• Winner
Reactions: Resistance

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Maybe so maybe not ... but I got a new original Nautilus Mini earler this week ( which I think was one of the greatest tanks ever built. So much so that I have seven of them between Spain and Scotland.) , just filled it and left it to prime itself and so was able to compare it with one coming up for 4 years old and which has never had one of these flavour of the month deep cleans, and personally I could taste no difference.

Oh BTW I do clean the drip tips as nnecessary.

Freemax_Jerry

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
In general, you can clean your tank by water.

If you want even better results, you can use some simple household items to give your tank a deeper cleaning. Take care to rinse them thoroughly after application and let your tank sit to get dry.

Baking soda is a good cleaning agent that can be used to get tanks sparkling again.
Ethanol, aka grain alcohol, is yet another highly effective substance for cleaning. Don’t get this confused with Isopropyl alcohol which should not be used on the inside of your tank.
Vinegar is a highly acidic cleaning agent but must be thoroughly rinsed to prevent its smell from lingering.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
.... but how do you clean the tank?

I usually use take the tank apart and use dawn dish soap for a deep cleaning, making certain to rinse extra-thoroughly because you definitely don't want to vape soap residue!

Others take their tanks apart and use an ultrasonic cleaner, but I've never invested in one myself...

Heads up: you can't use any alcohols or vinegar on o-rings...

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
Anything specific to do to the tank after a coil has started to give off a burnt taste? I just dumped coil and juice and soaked the tank in warm water, put in a new coil and juice and I'm still getting a bit of a burnt taste.

Is burnt taste a typical way for a coil to end its life? In the old days when I only used Aspire coils I knew they were done when the pull would get too tight.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Is burnt taste a typical way for a coil to end its life? In the old days when I only used Aspire coils I knew they were done when the pull would get too tight.

No, you never want to vape all the way to burnt..

Your juice will begin tasting off, when that starts your close to the end.. then, if you ignore the off-taste for a day or so, it will get to a stage where your juice tastes flipping awesome... like for real... but at that point your in the last moments of a wick. The second it begins tasting off again, change that coil without waiting another minute or so much as taking one more vape.

But most people don't push to that point, most change out coils when it first starts tasting off, which is always optimum. I'm just disabled so there are times I really have to push my coil to the limit... lol

So, that's it. Never wait til you get to burnt. Nearly impossible to get that taste out of a tank after that.

To remove burnt taste:

1.) Take your tank apart as far as possible, then clean it with a toothbrush and dawn dishsoap.

2.) Rinse well.

3.) Soak overnight in Vodka (I use Absolute because I usually have some on hand for baking)

4.) Clean again with dawn dish soap.

5.) Rinse exceedingly well, multiple times.

6.) Replace O-Rings with new ones.

7.) Assemble, put in new coilI, fill with ejuice and vape again.

Reactions: Freemax_Jerry
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread