How Do You Steep E-Liquids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richs10

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
Maryland
I'm sure this info is available somewhere on the forum but I can't seem to find it.
I tried to search it and went through the DIY e-liquid threads, but didn't find the answer.

I ordered some coffee juices which I'm not really happy with (tastes like nuts....real nuts....like squirrel nuts....no wait....).
Anyway, I'm hoping that steeping the juice will improve it.

- Do I just take the dripper off the bottle and let it sit in a cabinet?
- How long should it sit?

Thanks in advance,
Rich

Getndusty

Nov 23, 2013
Bagdad,az
I sit mine on my lamp,,its warmer than room temp but not too warm,, image.jpg right next to my favorite recliner,,i pick it up and shake it ,when i think of it,,

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
Thanks for the replies.
How long do you steep it for?
Do you take the dripper off the bottle and leave it open?

I don't take the cap off unless it has an alcohol smell (some use an alcohol base in flavorings). I leave them there for 4-8 hours.

some people sit the bottles in heated uncooked rice. Or put the bottles in a baggie in water in a crockpot on low temp.

some people use an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner.

be aware that you don't want it to get too hot though or cook it, that would reduce the nicotine and be bad overall.

Some people just let it sit for days, weeks, months, but i'm too impatient for that.

Some juice doesn't need steeping at all.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
This is just me, everyone has their own way of doing things, but I take it out of the bottle, put it into a small glass beaker, and vigorously use a stirring rod to stir it for a few minutes, at least a hundred stirs. It mixes it right up. Then I let it sit in the beaker for a few hours to let any water or alcohol that might have been in the flavoring evaporate. It evaporates a lot faster if it's sitting in a container with a wide brim than if it's sitting in a little dripper bottle with a small hole at the top. Then I pour it back into the dripper bottle. You might lose a few drops in the process but it's negligible. Just make sure everything you use is clean if you try it.

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
I'm sure this info is available somewhere on the forum but I can't seem to find it.
I tried to search it and went through the DIY e-liquid threads, but didn't find the answer.

I ordered some coffee juices which I'm not really happy with (tastes like nuts....real nuts....like squirrel nuts....no wait....).
Anyway, I'm hoping that steeping the juice will improve it.

- Do I just take the dripper off the bottle and let it sit in a cabinet?
- How long should it sit?

Thanks in advance,
Rich

I take the cap and drip tip off, and put them in a kitchen cabinet, and every other day recap them and shake them up, and take a smell to see how it's developing. I can tell with two of my favorites when they're ready, by the smell.

I'll often try a little, too, just to see if they need it. None of my Halo samples needed steeping, for example, they've been consistent from day one. (And awesome).

y cherry y

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Ypsilanti, MI
Just take the cap off for an hour then replace it and shake thoroughly. Put it in a cool dark place. Shake it well every couple days and sample as often as you like. When it tastes the way you like it, vape away.

As noted above, heat breaks nic down. It can have dangerous effects on other e-liquid components too. If you want more info on how heat affects juice, try inquiring in the DIY sub forum , where there are some chemists who know what they're doing.

RT88

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2013
island fortress
i protect my bottles from heat and light like a vampire caring for his brooood

no caps off either to minimize dust or other contaminants falling in. once or twice a day if i remember, shaking and aerating with the dropper to blow air thru it, or squeeze if its not glass then cover. after 3 or 4 weeks in the cabinet into the frig removing only for a few days at a time depending on how long i'll keep it in one of my 4 to 6 Vision 2.0 clearos that i carry.

RocketPuppy

Veteran Puppy
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Bay Area, California, USA
i protect my bottles from heat and light like a vampire caring for his brooood

Sounds like you care more for your juice than a vampire cares for their brood. My next door neighbor hasn't seen her sire in over 156 decades.

I keep em (my juice, not my brood) in a closet. I do a lil shake everyday and have a taste once a week. Otherwise, I like my juice to sit and think about becoming delicious, especially the bad ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread