How do you take drags from your ecig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toker

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
Georgia
A simple crazy sounding question. I've been experimenting a bit with mine this weekend.

If I take a normal drag off it, about 5-10 second drag, there is very little vapor and a dull flavor.

If I take 2 drags off of it, both drags about 5-10 second each and back to back, then I get a very nice warm vapor, nice cloud exhaled, and good flavor.

Conclusion, the longer I hold the button down and get the atty nice and hot, the all around better it is. So would it be bad to hold the button down a few seconds before I start taking my initial drag?

Toker

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
Georgia
Toker, not a silly question at all. There's a learning curve to ecigs and this seems to be one of the biggest realizations out there.

I wrote a guide for newbies you can see here..

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/85612-newbies-proper-inhalation-technique.html

Good luck!

Thank you. I had read that awhile back and thought I was doing it right, but noticed the other day when I took two drags back to back that it was just down right delicious. Following that technique, I was doing it all right, except for holding the button down for a few second before I started inhaling on it. I was just worried that it might over heat the atty if I held it down for a while.

gb_ibmguy

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
NW NJ
Why waste the first push :D I do the push button, suck into mouth, into lungs, keep the button pushed while I exhale the first hit through my nose or mouth and suck the second hit into my mouth. Kills battery's, but ohh so good! Very much like smoking a pipe. (which I used to do as well)
This doesn't seem to work so well with standard 901 or 510 battery's, the protection circuity seems to kick in somewhere around the 10 sec. mark, but my eGo and SB have no problems.

GB

Grenage

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2008
Portsmouth, UK
Thank you. I had read that awhile back and thought I was doing it right, but noticed the other day when I took two drags back to back that it was just down right delicious. Following that technique, I was doing it all right, except for holding the button down for a few second before I started inhaling on it. I was just worried that it might over heat the atty if I held it down for a while.

Domino38's advice on the inhilation is spot on, it really helps you get a good throat hit. As for over-heating the atty, don't worry about it too much; if you're melting the tips of the cartridges, consider toning it back a touch.

Haytoni

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
N.W. Florida
A simple crazy sounding question. I've been experimenting a bit with mine this weekend.

If I take a normal drag off it, about 5-10 second drag, there is very little vapor and a dull flavor.

If I take 2 drags off of it, both drags about 5-10 second each and back to back, then I get a very nice warm vapor, nice cloud exhaled, and good flavor.

Conclusion, the longer I hold the button down and get the atty nice and hot, the all around better it is. So would it be bad to hold the button down a few seconds before I start taking my initial drag?

Yep on a manual, that is the best way, works all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread