how long do you wait in between drags...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireproof

May 18, 2011
Texas
just wondering how long people usually take in between drags on their E-cig. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or not, but i use 12 mg juice from FSUSA, and the KR808D-1 cartomizers from litecigusa (premium). I mostly use a USB passthrough, and i find that if I take a drag (4-6 secs long), and wait 5-10 seconds till the next one, after about 3 drags, the cartomizer gets pretty hot, and often produces a burning taste. Should i be waiting longer in between drags?

thanks

Tallmaan84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2011
Jacksonville, NC
TBH, I usually chain vape at home so no more than 10 secs between drags unless my hands are busy lol. I keep several cartos full of juice to swap out and let one cool off. Wouldn't know about it being a PT though. If you're getting a burning taste i believe its because you're cartos are getting too much voltage. Are you using LR cartos?

Psyche

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Left of Center
Is the PT a 5 volt? The one I got with my starter kit was and I was having the same problem with the burnt taste. That cartomizers I was using were 2.8ohm and I found that I had to give them a good amount of time to cool down and wick the juice back to coil in order to avoid burning them. Right now I'm waiting for a new PT I ordered through Smokelessimage.com that claims to be regulated at 3.6v. My 5v goes pretty much unused these days.

Fireproof

May 18, 2011
Texas
Psyche, to be honest, i have NO idea what voltage my passthrough is, i don't even remember where i purchased it...i'll have to try and find a multimeter and test it out. I didn't even know that passthroughs had different voltages :(

edit: just found my purchase order, its a manual passthrough from litecig: manual passthrough

the description doesn't say what the voltage is...

Last edited:

MajorRocker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Central PA
Here's my standard process:

1. Take a .5 to 1 second drag and blow it out. I do this to prime and ensure it's wicked and ready to run.
2. I then take a nice 6-8 second drag, short quick inhale and then a 2nd 6-8 second drag to really get the lungs cloudy.
3. I then exhale nice and slow. Maybe blow some vape rings if a hot chick is around. (chicks like vape rings)

I usually wait 5-10 seconds and repeat steps 2 and 3. (More vape rings if the chick seemed impressed with my first few:p ) The carto gets warm but I don't really pay much attention to it.

Shadow102

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
Eastern Panhandle, WV
Fireproof- From what I can gather that's a straight 5v PT. Any idea what resistance carto you're using on it? All my PT's are unregulated 5v ones, so I tend to use higher resistance cartos on them.

For 808's I know Boge makes 3.0, 2.7, and 2.0 ohm cartos, and Kangers are 2.6 ohm. Personally I like vaping around 8 watts so I stick with the 3.0's for my PT, they don't heat up too badly and I can still chain vape at my desk.

Speaking of at the computer: Do not use a normal PT from a PC USB port. Standard USB ports only provide 500mA of current, where as your PT can typically draw up to 2A. The use of a PC USB port can lead to shorting of the port and/or the motherboard. Get an AC/USB jack (make sure its rated at 2A, not the 500 or 150mA ones for chargers) that way if you have an issue you're replacing a $6 jack not a $200 mobo.

Fireproof

May 18, 2011
Texas
the cartomizers i use are rated at 3.0 ohm (as per litecig support). And i actually use an iphone charger as my power source( its 5V at 1amp), which seems to work ok. I think part of my problem is when i chain vape (meaning a 6 sec drag every 10-20 seconds), i start losing flavor and gaining more of a burnt taste (as the cartomizer heats up). I'm guessing I'm overusing the cartomizer, and not letting the juice saturate the wick enough?

Fireproof

May 18, 2011
Texas
i usually get mine from FSUSA in 80/20 (pg/vg), unless its hopscotch, which only comes in 50/50. I think my line of questioning revolves around my technique, as well as the quality of my cartomizers. I normally only use 1 cartomizer at a time, and sometimes it can last as much as 2 weeks, since I refill constantly. Other times, it seems that the cartomizer only lasts a day or even a few hours, untill i get a "strange/burnt" taste, which i assume means that i didnt wait long enough for the juice to wick, and therefore burnt the polyfill, rendering that cart toast.

edit: by refilling, i mean i take maybe 10-20 drags (in 20-30 minutes) and pop the top and put as many drops as i can without overfilling (usually 5-8 drops)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread