How does one FORCE a new coil reading on the DNA40

Status
Not open for further replies.

illitirit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
United States
So often times when I rebuild, my DNA40 doesnt ask me for a new coil reading everytime I do actually put something new on there, which is frustrating because if I press the fire button, it will heat up the coil. Then I have to wait 10 minutes for the coil to cool off and try again and hope that this time when i screw my rta / rda back on it will actually ask me for new coil.

Is there a way to just force a new reading?

Its funny because if i build a 10 wrap 28g ni200 coil, then swap it out with a 8 wrap 28g ni200 coil it wont ask me.

However if i built a 12 wrap 30g ni200 coil it will always ask me.

Its really pissing me off. Any advice?

illitirit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
United States
Hit the fire button when there isn't an atty on it. It will show no atomizer. Attach your atty and you should be good to go.

i have done this many times and it doesnt behave like this. Not on my rDNA40 at least.

If I re-build the same exact coil, same exact ohms. Does the Dna40 recognize it as new? I feel like since my coils are mostly the same and same resistance, is that why the DNA40 is not asking?

Hammy75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
New Brunswick, Canada
i have done this many times and it doesnt behave like this. Not on my rDNA40 at least.

If I re-build the same exact coil, same exact ohms. Does the Dna40 recognize it as new? I feel like since my coils are mostly the same and same resistance, is that why the DNA40 is not asking?

Usually works for me. I would assume if it reads the new build at the same resistance it would not ask nor would there be any adavantage to reading it again. In theory it would read it as the same anyway. I am no expert but this has been my experience. The advantage to it asking is taking a hot atty off to fill it then put it back on. If you hit same it keeps the original base resistance. If you choose new and it's still warm the base resistance/temp will be off and will result in higher temps then desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread