How does the top of the wick stay moist in the Pyro RDTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
@SnapDragon NY has 2 & loves hers. No you don’t have to drip, the wicks go in pretty much level with the wick holes or slightly in & wicks stay saturated when you tilt to vape.
Ah ok, thanks buddy.... hearing good stuff about the RDTA,

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Love my Pyros- I own 2 of them and they are my favorite tanks right now. You do not stick the tails all the way into the tank. Mine are just in the wick holes, just under the deck and they stay wet when you tilt to vape.
I use this with a single coil 3mm i.d. These are great because there is no messy tank to take apart and changing the wicks are very easy- no fiddling! Great flavor too.
No leaking-the caps has plugs that cover the refill holes and quick and easy to refill.
There are some good videos and reviews of the Vandy Vape Pyro on You Tube.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
@SnapDragon NY has 2 & loves hers. No you don’t have to drip, the wicks go in pretty much level with the wick holes or slightly in & wicks stay saturated when you tilt to vape.
And if you don't want to have to tilt.... just cut the tails so they almost reach the bottom of the tank..... then via absorption and capillary action the wick will do the rest.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I'm honeslty amazed how well my RDTAs wick, even when I cut the tails 'short'. Some of it due to tipping I'm sure, but I don't do it intentionally. Carrying my vape around, normal movement and the like does a pretty good job I guess.

If I leave my tails too long, they get in the way of filling it and the juice staying level in the tank. No problems, just my OCD.

In all honesty, look closely, even when the juice is well below the ends of the wicks, I can see the juice 'reaching' the bottoms and sides of the tails if they are near the edges of the glass. It's magic capillary action, lol. I just fluff the ends of my tails so they end up being close to the glass, even when they aren't long. I can vape the tank dry and not have issues. I'm sure there is some tipping involved, but I don't do it intentionally.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
20180411_150801.jpg
You tilt it when you vape it - do you really vape holding the mod straight up? It tilts automatically when I vape it, when I tilt the mod to vape.
I don't put the tails down in the Pyros tank, takes up precious room in that tank, never had a dry or burnt hit using the Pyros for months!

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
sre you supposed to drip RDTA's at the top at all :/, i never got to try one.... was thinking of getting the Pyro

I have 3 Pyro RDTAs, one is a backup. I have my wicks go all the way at the bottom, works well for me. Never had dry hits.

Using Temp Control with Stainless Steel coils, 22Guage.

I vape them mainly on the evenings, vaping one right now. I love them :D.

And no need for dripping

Pyro RDTA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread