how i went back to 711 style e-cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmyhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
West Chester, Pa
So i have been vaping for over a year now and up untill recently i had no issues with analogs. However the past couple months im back to almost two packs a day and almost no vaping. My setup was always a genesis style atomizer on a mechanical or a hybrid device and this is what started ny downfal back to analogs, you cant realistically carry them around like a pack of cigs you dont look discreet at all (im somewhat introverted so I like to avoid explaining an e cig every time i vape) and you cant work and vape like you can work and smoke an analog (i do construction).So after a couple months of analogs my gf is getting fed up and im deciding to quit again so i have gone back to an old eon smoke from 711 and i love it cause it resembles a real cigarette even in taste. I was wondering a few things abiut this. One has anyone else experienced this after going to high end setups that arent super practical for everyday life. And two why isnt anyone trying to perfect an e cig that works like a gennie or dripper etc but also can be small light and able to be stored in a pocket. And the same goes for e liquid theres a lot of great juices out therr and i havr tried a whole lot but none have actually come close to tasting like the real thing except eon smoke. Sorry for my spelling errors btw im using a smart phone and its a little hard to type and i know this is somewhat su jective to if anyone knows about any device or liquid let me know cause im a little desperate to quit again

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
And two why isnt anyone trying to perfect an e cig that works like a gennie or dripper etc but also can be small light and able to be stored in a pocket. And the same goes for e liquid theres a lot of great juices out therr and i havr tried a whole lot but none have actually come close to tasting like the real thing except eon smoke. Sorry for my spelling errors btw im using a smart phone and its a little hard to type and i know this is somewhat su jective to if anyone knows about any device or liquid let me know cause im a little desperate to quit again

Hi Jimmy,
I have a bunch of different pvs. I only use the genny type RBA at home - it just isn't practical for me to cart it around and its a juice hog as well.
Have you tried a liquid feed mod? I have a Vapage VMod XL - it is actually quite a stealthy size, works well, never leaks and gives me amazing taste. You just fill the bottle (holds 9ml), screw on an atomizer and you are getting the same taste and flavor as dripping and its continuous. You can also use cartomizers with it.
Its unregulated though - so is dependent on your battery voltage. Obviously you can choose your atty ohms and get the kind of vape you like.
There are vv Reos available but they are pricey too, depending on your budget.

This is the VMod XL:
bfb7cc02-be6e-43b1-8d91-9569f400f01b.jpg

Its quite sturdy, and simple to use.
ETA: I think at the moment the VMod XL Premimum kit is 20% off.
Code: J745T

Last edited:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
It sounds like mods may not be right for you.

A 450 or 650ma battery paired with a Kanger Evod tank is a low profile setup. It fits in my pocket and I've stealth-vaped with it many times. Very good performance and pretty rugged construction. No ecig is going to take a lot of abuse, but the fewer moving parts you have, the less chance for something to go wrong, right?

I don't know what the Eon smoke tastes like. But if you're also fond of the NJoy Bold, the Desert Ship flavor of liquid is as close as I've tasted. Also, Johnson Creek's Red Oak Domestic flavor is indistinguishable from Blu's classic tobacco flavor.

No liquid can ever duplicate the flavor, aroma or sensation of smoking a burning tobacco tube. It's something that requires adjustment.

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
If a cig-sized PV works for you then use it. You don't have to have a big mod with a tank and get all fancy just because the cool kids do it. :)

You can get a kit and a personal charger at Smokeless Image or Vapor4Life and some tobacco flavored juice. If you carry 2 or 3 with you, you can get through the day just fine with cig-sized PV's.

The point is to not smoke. Personally, I don't like big mods. I drip on a 306 atty and an eGo twist. I still use my little Cig2o automatic batteries too.

Sent from my easy chair using brainwaves.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
I still have my eonsmoke cigalilke and still use it once in a while. I cover three of the 4 air slots with cellphone tape to increase the draw. It's not bad at all and the carts can be refilled from the bottom too.

The njoy kings seem to have the best performance of all the corner store type ecigs but they just cost too much.

The eroll is not bad at all as a small cigalilke that's sorta practical for all day use.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
The njoy kings seem to have the best performance of all the corner store type ecigs but they just cost too much.

Yep. Which is why I was really interested in finding a liquid flavor that approximated it. I wanted that flavor, but I wasn't paying $8-10 for what amounts to about 2ml of liquid and a weak battery.

Dekang's Desert Ship at 24mg is the closest I've come, and it's pretty darned close. The TH and flavor are nearly indistinguishable from the NJoy.

Steam Turbine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Montreal Quebec Canada
So i have been vaping for over a year now and up untill recently i had no issues with analogs. However the past couple months im back to almost two packs a day and almost no vaping. My setup was always a genesis style atomizer on a mechanical or a hybrid device and this is what started ny downfal back to analogs, you cant realistically carry them around like a pack of cigs you dont look discreet at all (im somewhat introverted so I like to avoid explaining an e cig every time i vape) and you cant work and vape like you can work and smoke an analog (i do construction).So after a couple months of analogs my gf is getting fed up and im deciding to quit again so i have gone back to an old eon smoke from 711 and i love it cause it resembles a real cigarette even in taste. I was wondering a few things abiut this. One has anyone else experienced this after going to high end setups that arent super practical for everyday life. And two why isnt anyone trying to perfect an e cig that works like a gennie or dripper etc but also can be small light and able to be stored in a pocket. And the same goes for e liquid theres a lot of great juices out therr and i havr tried a whole lot but none have actually come close to tasting like the real thing except eon smoke. Sorry for my spelling errors btw im using a smart phone and its a little hard to type and i know this is somewhat su jective to if anyone knows about any device or liquid let me know cause im a little desperate to quit again

I work in show-business as a technician and during teardown and setups, it kinda feels like a construction site. I vape my protank on a provari ALL the time! I don't do a lot of explanation at all:

- Whats that, they ask?
- Its an electronic cigarette. I mean, a KICKASS electronic cigarette.

Problem solved.

I vape my gennies at home because gennies are gennies: they are not pocket friendly.

As for liquid tasting like smoke... Just read my signature...

I'm new to vaping, and still trying to quit the analogs. I have an eonsmoke rechargeable and a logic rechargeable, too.

The eonsmoke battery is a KR808D-1 style battery, so 777, Volt and V2Cigs brand cartos will work with it. You can also get a 510-to-808 adapter and use anything threaded for 510 on your eonsmoke. It's really cheap (less than a dollar) and also less than half an inch long so it's no less inconspicuous than the rest of the ecig. (My local vape shop gave me one for free!)

Also, 777 sells T-4 mini tank clearomizers which fit eonsmoke batteries perfectly. They're the same width, so there's no weird bulges on your ecig, easy to fill, and the shape of the mouthpiece makes it easy to hold in your mouth while you're busy with your hands. I really love it, although I usually use cartos when I'm going out. I'm leery of keeping the tank in my pocket, but I do love the vapor from the clearo.

Finally, I buy blanks cartos and refill my used ones all the time because buying them prefilled is way too expensive. I mostly use non-sweet tobacco flavors and so I just put them on top of whatever tobacco liquid was previously in the carto. (I hate sweet flavors. Right now I'm really liking evo's "black diamond" tobacco flavor.)

If you're not already refilling cartos, this video shows how to easily fill new cartos and refill old ones (amongst a whole lot of other stuff).
The filling and refilling techniques start around minute 11:30.

(For reference, the Logic battery is an RN4081 battery. I actually prefer the Logic cartos to the eonsmoke ones, but they're even more expensive. 4081 stuff is hard to find, so... another adapter to the rescue!)

Don't be ashamed for not wanting to look like you're sucking on a flashlight or a skinny baby bottle! ;)

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I'm new to vaping, and still trying to quit the analogs. I have an eonsmoke rechargeable and a logic rechargeable, too.

The eonsmoke battery is a KR808D-1 style battery, so 777, Volt and V2Cigs brand cartos will work with it. You can also get a 510-to-808 adapter and use anything threaded for 510 on your eonsmoke. It's really cheap (less than a dollar) and also less than half an inch long so it's no less inconspicuous than the rest of the ecig. (My local vape shop gave me one for free!)

Also, 777 sells T-4 mini tank clearomizers which fit eonsmoke batteries perfectly. They're the same width, so there's no weird bulges on your ecig, easy to fill, and the shape of the mouthpiece makes it easy to hold in your mouth while you're busy with your hands. I really love it, although I usually use cartos when I'm going out. I'm leery of keeping the tank in my pocket, but I do love the vapor from the clearo.

Finally, I buy blanks cartos and refill my used ones all the time because buying them prefilled is way too expensive. I mostly use non-sweet tobacco flavors and so I just put them on top of whatever tobacco liquid was previously in the carto. (I hate sweet flavors. Right now I'm really liking evo's "black diamond" tobacco flavor.)

If you're not already refilling cartos, this video shows how to easily fill new cartos and refill old ones (amongst a whole lot of other stuff).
    The filling and refilling techniques start around minute 11:30.

(For reference, the Logic battery is an RN4081 battery. I actually prefer the Logic cartos to the eonsmoke ones, but they're even more expensive. 4081 stuff is hard to find, so... another adapter to the rescue!)

Don't be ashamed for not wanting to look like you're sucking on a flashlight or a skinny baby bottle! ;)

Great helpful post!

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida

Might try something like this $9.63 510-X 3-in-1 Rechargeable 300mAh Automatic Electronic Cigarettes Set - black / 2.3 but expect 2 to 4 weeks for delivery from China. But for the price you can order extras. I quit using 510's for the most part because of the battery life, but I only had 180mah and these are 300mah. I may end up getting a few when my last couple totally die, but I do like the button ones and not the auto's, but they work for the every now and again when I want something small for out and about for a very short time. Good Luck and I hope the best for you quitting.

:vapor:

wv2win

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    The iTaste V3 is smaller than the spinner/twist/ego and is VW and will provide 6 - 8 hours on a charge. You can use a shorty carto on it and it will be pretty small. There is no incentive for manufacturers to try and make a good cig-a-like sized model that will provide the features of a larger model. And battery technology is not that advanced anyway:

Innokin iTaste VV ( V3.0) Variable Voltage and Variable Wattage Express Kit

aldo.lim

Aug 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    There are already lots of great suggestions here for the cig-a-like devices
    I myself use an ego-type vape gear fr the same reasons you stated..ease of use, simplicity and mobility
    IMHO you just need to commit yourself to quitting cigarettes..in my case, I used to be a 2pack a day smoker
    Been vaping fr 2-3months..and I still hv cravings fr an analog..but just remember the reason why you try to quit in the first place
    in my case, recently I've started having trouble breathing..nothing serious but deep inhale breaths were getting hard fr me to do
    Thats what made me want to quit analogs..now everytime i get a craving, I just resolve myself and remember the reason fr my quitting
    all in all..it takes some effort to stay off analogs and stay on vaping..remember you're not alone in your ordeal cheers mate!:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread