how long before....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TROOPIN

Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
Chicago,Il
How long before you changed from a tobacco type to flavored.. I smoked menthol.. switched to vapeing.. started with a tobacco then to a menthol vape.. hard to find a menthol vape that is real menthol flavor, most are minty.. found a somewhat passable one.. thinking about trying out the flavors.. anyone else have a somewhat same progression? if so how long before you made the switch from a tobacco to a flavor vape.. did you find it as satisfying change?

CraftyZA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
South Africa
www.fdev.co.za
I'm still vaping RY4. Not due to anything related to smoking. It is nothing like that any ways. I just really like the taste of RY4.
If you want a semi decent menthol vape, mix it with joyetech tobacco flavour. start with 50/50.
I only vaped that once. When it was done I vaped some flavours, then came across ry4. Have not moved on since. RY4 is my ADV, then I just alternate it with something fruity once in a while.

savagemann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
California East Bay
I actually went the opposite direction when I started vaping.
For my first few months, whenever I tried to vape a baccy flavor, it made me crave an analog.
It wasn't until after 2 months in, was I able to enjoy tobacco flavors without wanting a stink stick.
My adv when I first started was cherry cola and various candy flavors.
I would try some sweet stuff and see how you like it.
At the moment I am hooked on dessert flavors and am making a lot of diy juice that are dessert flavor with background tobacco notes. Very yummy.

williebb123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Mount Shasta California
camel was what i liked later on they came out with camel wides when i started vaping just by luck the first vendor had a camel flavor that was so close it was easy to never look back so i vaped that for about 6 weeks after that i have never vaped tobacco flavs again the RY4 is tobacco/caramel alot of vapers like it i tried 2 different ones but never cared for it much maybe i didnt try the right vendor

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
what is ry4.. is that a tobacco flavor?

RY4 in all it's variations is a very... confusing flavor. Personally I don't consider it a tobacco flavor. There is a huge thread here about all the different versions: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-reviews/193327-really-big-ry4-roundup-long.html

When I started I stuck with 2 or 3 very basic tobacco flavors for the first nine months. I just couldn't get past the concept of vaping "weird" flavors before that. I still mostly use tobacco types because I find I get burned out on overly sweet flavors in short order.

Try the menthols from The Vapor Room - no fake mint flavors masquerading as menthol going on there. Some of them like Port Menthol (think Newport) have a great tobacco flavor behind the menthol.

Last edited:

bobbyh3342

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
new london ct
ya finding a good menthol is tough,, but dekang menthol is my go to, tried pink spot menthols, highbrow,virgin hhv,high caliber,Halo,and no dice,,then my old army buddies recommended it. (I wanted to support us vendors,but couldn't find any I liked) long story short try dekang menthol and dk strong mint they work for me...p.s if ya feelin frisky Vapor god artic wolf! be warned the wolf is not for the faint of heart

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
I didn't like tobacco flavors when I took up vaping a few years ago. I liked plain old vanilla, coffee, and cherry from the start and expanded out from there. The only tobacco juice I ever really liked was Tobacco Haze from M&P. I still do like it on occasion. I recently tried some other good tobacco vapes and even ordered a few bottles, but I don't think they will ever be ADVs for me.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
I still use tobacco vapes really only Naturally extracted or tobacco absolute versions anymore
but usually with flavoring like RY4 types or vanilla tobacco and what not

I actually just got a strait tobacco southern gentleman from MOV
and really liked it but its been so long since I had a strait tobacco it was strange
maybe I just got a strange feeling because everything I've vaped up until this point never tasted like smoking

With that being said I also always have an assortment of other flavs
like a dessert, something fruity or a tea just to keep the variety

I usually have at least 5 flavs that I use through out the day but a flavored tobacco is always the bulk of it
everything else is a supplement

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
When I first came off analogs, I wanted non-sweet, dry tobacco flavors. In fact, the ones that fit that description were actually too sweet for me!

About a month in, I tried an RY4 type juice (Heavenly Army from HHV) and was blown away because it was just fantastic and not overly sweet but more sweet than plain, dry grass.

Then Halo sent me a sample of Voodoo for advance review -- and it had fruit flavors in it -- and again it just blew me away that I enjoyed it so much (and still do). Then they did it again with Southern Classic, which is a citrus tobacco.

Now I am trying fruit flavors :) on my 5th month. And I can still enjoy some rough and tumble tobaccos like Apache, which other plainer tobaccos just leave me cold. So even though I am starting to like the fruit and sweeter things, I can still enjoy some bolder tobaccos. Not all -- just the more complex ones. Plain ones are just plain. I like some complexity, multiple flavors not just base ones.

Chas_L

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2013
Buchanan Ga
I DIY 95% or more of the ejuices wife and I use. BluBacco using MVB cocentrate if my wife's favorite at present while I am leaning toward Blue Tobbacco (heartland vapes) flavoring. Wife's desert type is Vanallia Bean Ice Creas (TFA) concentrare and I Am still trying many different BlueBerry and creames. I also vape a great deal of Vanallia Tobacco , Black Honey Tobacco and 555 Tobacco along with a little RY4 from time to time.

My desire fr tobacco taste cmes from years ago when I smoked a pipe and cigars where you could actualytaste the tobacco. Anologs do not have a tobacco taste at all IMO. I never really enjoyed them but got hooked on them while serviing in VietNam andit took years toget off of them. I have not had a cigerra in around 25 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread