Status
Not open for further replies.

KEITH97M3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
HONOLULU, HAWAII
nu-vapor.com
I respectfully disagree. Horizontal, bottom coil cartomizers (i.e. Bloog, Volt) do not have this issue. There is no wrapper around the coil to get burnt. I rip mine apart occasionally for various reasons. There is a cotton wrapper around the center tube, but it makes no contact with the coil, which is sealed in the bottom. If you yank out the filler and leave that wrapper on you can actually use the cartomizer to drip as well, cheaper than an atomizer. I usually vape these on my eGo with a 510 to 901/808 adapter, works great. Get about 5 refills with GJ before the flavor change, clean and repeat.

C8se, Aren't Bloog and Smokelessimage pretty much the same since they are both retailers of Shenzen Kanger? I have tried their cartoz when Kanger sent me a few of their ecig kits to try and to be honest, they were not bad. Just couldn't vape the juice that was in the cartoz because the nic was way too high so I gave the kits to my sister.

I will order some blanks from SI and give them a try, too bad they don't make them in 510's because I really hate using adapters on my Precious. Do you know of any other companies that carry this same carto besides Bloog or SI? Also, I hope these cartoz are not like the G4's, already tried those and they sucked rocks.

Aloha, Keith

C8se

Jul 13, 2011
Denver
Aren't Bloog and Smokelessimage pretty much the same since they are both retailers of Shenzen Kanger?

Aloha Keith,

Yes, that's what I have heard and I think there may be more retailers with the same carto, just didn't want to appear to be backing a particular brand when my main point was the technology. I'll buy them from whoever sells them for less as long as they ship them quickly and provide good customer service. I do get mine from SI and they've been great on all counts.

Kanger does make them, but they also make other cartos, so I've been sticking with what I know thus far. . . A quick search just revealed that that Heaven Gifts sells Kanger horizontal coils for less, but of course their shipping from China and that takes a while. They also have a 510 version in addition to the 808D-1. Haven't tried those yet, different air holes on the 510 form factor and resistance is 2.0 ohms instead of 2.6 with the 808D-1. Would certainly be interested to hear anyone's experience with them.

Last edited:

KEITH97M3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
HONOLULU, HAWAII
nu-vapor.com
Mahalo for the info C8se!:) I took a look and saw those 510 versions which I really want to try. Want to use them in my liquinator, (hate topping off cartoz) judging by the specs listed, 9.2mm in diameter should be perfect.

Since I go through 10ml plus Boba's/Gorilla/Raf juice a day, I frequently find myself changing out cartoz 2 times daily. Not sure if anyone else notices this but after about 5ml, the flavor seems to diminish a great deal. If I could find a carto that could go a long time without burning, I could vape more and use the money I saved on cartoz on buying more Boba's.:laugh:

Hint to Ben: Since you have already created the best juices known to man kind, could you create the best cartomizer to go with it?:laugh:

Aloha, Keith

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Hint to Ben: Since you have already created the best juices known to man kind, could you create the best cartomizer to go with it?:laugh:

I can imagine a better carto but bringing it to bear with my crafting skillz is nigh impossible. I'm about as crafty as a rock is agile.

dale1962

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Charlotte,NC
Hopefully not burn't legioX because once get the burn't taste it is toast....on other hand if your just running thru your juice that fast it could be a number of things the voltage your using among others.I have never used the horizontal carto's before but about all others and even when was using the boges and smoktech at high voltage they went longer than 1/2 hour.When using 1.7-2.0ohm ones on 3.7v a regular boge or stech carto will last me quite awhile.Intial feel I put about 25-30 drops in them.Here again maybe comparing apples & oranges because never have used the horizontal one's.Sure you probably already know all this....

Last edited:

KEITH97M3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
HONOLULU, HAWAII
nu-vapor.com
I seem to have bad luck with cartos recently. How many pulls am I supposed to take before I top it off? I have the small kanger horizontal and regular boes, like 20-25 drop ones. It feels like after half an hour I've already burnt it

LegioX, that would depend on many factors like: how many vapes do you take within that half hour, capacity of carto, seconds of holding the power, voltage running and what ohms? All those things are big factors because for me, I take about 15-20 hits for 5 seconds each time using a mega 1.6ohm dual coils at 4 volts under load. That would be like 75 to 100 seconds in total so if I am not using cartoz in a tank, my 1.8ml carto needs refilling or topping off 3-4 times within that half hour.

If I was using a E-Power 5ml capacity carto, now those can go quite a long while without having to top off or refill but keep in mind that those still burn and taste funny after going through 5ml. This giant cartomizer is built the exact same way as the regular Dual coil cartoz just that it has more filler and is bigger. Here is a pic of one that I took apart after consuming 15-20ml and after washing it out. Note that the filler itself has already burned despite that I kept this carto overly saturated the entire time just for this test. I also cut the top of the tubing to shorten it because it was unnecessarily too long and cut the bottom so that no adapter extender is needed.

PS, If you don't mind sacrificing one horizontal coil carto, try keeping your carto fully saturated and take it apart after using 5ml. I am curious to see how much it has burned.

Aloha, Keith

dsc04053.jpg

dsc04055iy.jpg

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
I can't get a carto to last more than a few hours and even then they taste like crap to me. I only use Fluxomisers and atties now. When I got my first bottle of rafalicious I was pretty sure that it wouldn't wick in my fluxes but it does just fine. After about 3mls I have to clean and dry burn it but it is good to go another 3mls. So far I have gone a week with 20mls of raf run through the same flux and it looks like I might get a month out of it.

C8se

Jul 13, 2011
Denver
I just found the 510 threaded horizontal coil cartomizers at Mike and Carol's Internet Store, Cartomizers. Which is funny because that is where I bought my eGo passthru and I have been giving them props on the forums for their great prices and fast shipping.

@Keith: I'm surprised that you have been having these issues with burning filler and short-lived cartos even with a tank. I thought a tank like the liquinator was supposed to alleviate some of these problems by always keeping the filler wet. I've been planning to make a cartomizer syringe tank mod, and thought it would extend the life of my cartos.

KEITH97M3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
HONOLULU, HAWAII
nu-vapor.com
I just found the 510 threaded horizontal coil cartomizers at Mike and Carol's Internet Store, Cartomizers. Which is funny because that is where I bought my eGo passthru and I have been giving them props on the forums for their great prices and fast shipping.

@Keith: I'm surprised that you have been having these issues with burning filler and short-lived cartos even with a tank. I thought a tank like the liquinator was supposed to alleviate some of these problems by always keeping the filler wet. I've been planning to make a cartomizer syringe tank mod, and thought it would extend the life of my cartos.

C8se, That's what I initially thought when I bought the 3 Liquinators.:laugh: I punch 3 holes in the cartoz and they remain so wet that I often have to wipe the inside of the drip tip. I even set the voltage on my Precious to only 4volts (under load) but nothing I do can prevent the coil wrappers from getting burnt, just one of those things we have to live with. I have a rebuildable Mark-T atty so I could always use that but I am way to lazy to drip.:p

The only thing that pisses me off is that I have to waste some Boba's when I toss the carto. :laugh:

C8se

Jul 13, 2011
Denver
Yeah, OK, I think I'm going to stick with horizontal bottom coils. I had one EMDCC that I bought from MadVapes and the Raf tasted much better in it, I assume due to the low resistance, but when I pulled out the filler after about 6ml it had all kinds of black ugliness and burn holes in it. From now on I will use the 510 threaded ones when I want low resistance and the 808D-1s with an adapter for standard resistance :) Still plan on building a tank for them to see if anything changes re longevity between cleanings.

@DLL9MM: Yes, same ones. A dollar less at M&C's, but always good to know more vendors in case there are sales and/or inventory shortages. Thx.

KEITH97M3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
HONOLULU, HAWAII
nu-vapor.com
Oh yea C8se, I still haven't tried those Kanger cartoz as of yet but I will soon. Going to have to get a shorter tank to fit those though, either that or cut my 5ml ones. Saw Phil's vid on the Kangers and he said they have the funky taste that the CE2's have but he did also mention that they don't burn the filler. Will shop around for the best prices on these in the 510 versions.

Aloha, Keith

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
Oh yea C8se, I still haven't tried those Kanger cartoz as of yet but I will soon. Going to have to get a shorter tank to fit those though, either that or cut my 5ml ones. Saw Phil's vid on the Kangers and he said they have the funky taste that the CE2's have but he did also mention that they don't burn the filler. Will shop around for the best prices on these in the 510 versions.

Aloha, Keith

ce2's have a clean taste It is the cartos that have a funky taste :p :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread