Status
Not open for further replies.

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
I have been vaping for 3 weeks on Friday. I just have the cheap kit from the cig store. I am admittedly a chain vapor. How long should 2 batteries last a chain vapor? I am so sad to say that I just can't afford to purchase new batteries this week thus am on my way out for analogs. All of the juices I have tried have burned my throat and tongue so bad that I can't even vape them for an hour.I will list them at the end. I don't like more than 20% VG but am thinking the problem is in the flavorings anyway.I was planning on trying some juices from Vape Rite, Alien Visions and Vixen Vapors ( as another person had the throat burn problem on here and from that post I thought these 3 are what I should try next) but then ran into the batteries dying and can't afford to do both this week. I was thinking of buying a G6 kit from Halo but if batteries only last two or three weeks I think vaping may be out for me as It's just gonna be to costly. I am so afraid to buy new batteries and new juices just to have it all be a waste. Anyone here have the same problems? I love vaping but am unsatisfied with the flavor of the only thing I can stand to vape without my tongue burning which is the prefilled cartos from the tobacco outlet 30 miles from home. Also am I correct in being pretty sure that these cartos are probably 80 PG 20 VG? They dont make huge clouds of vapor but it is enough. Sorry for being a cry baby but this is such a disappointment. The vendors that burned my throat were My freedom smokes, Health cabin and Halo wasn't as bad but still burned a little. I also want to say that I am not trying to bash these vendors as I think most do great with them from the way it sounds. Also I have never had an allergy in my life.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Nicotine is a skin irritant. If you are using cartos and already have some VG in the liquid, try a plastic or delrin drip tip in place of the endcap. That will bring the vapor into your mouth in a wider stream. Also keep the mouth end clean - any liquid or solid juice residue is more irritating than vapor. And drink plenty of fluids.

Halo uses varied PG/VG and does not list it. For other KR808D-1 shops - SmokelessImage and Bloogplanet use 80PG/20VG. I think the V4L WOW cartos/juices may be around 80PG/20VG or maybe 85/15 judging by the thinness, hit and vapor.

Consider trying one level lower nic - if you are chain vaping then you will still get plenty of nic. Nicotine is the skin irritant. Menthol and cinnamon are also irritating.

Batteries - 100mah is about 1 hour of moderate vaping (with standard resistance single coil atomizers or cartos which is all slim ecigs should use). I consider moderate vaping to be vaping less than 1/2 the time.

If you want longer lasting batteries, you can get an 808/901 box mod at Madvapes (though you may want some black paint to mostly paint over the near-psychadelic color-changing LED. You can also get a Riva 901 at Liberty-Flights.com (but first ask them if it is 3.7v like their Riva 510's). The box mod is safer to pocket.\

Last edited:

vpsi333

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2012
near Birmingham Al
MM Stalker, Hang in there brother. I’ve been vaping just about as long as you. I too have spent more $$$ on vaping than I would have on analogs, but I’m thinking of it as an investment in my future. I believe/hope that once I find my right set-up and the best juices for me, that then I’ll see the rewards both on my finances and my health.

Last edited:

patthib

Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Minnesota
I have been vaping for about 6 months now and have not had to replace a battery yet. I do use manual batteries, so I don't have to worry about overfilling a carto and it leaking and ruining a non sealed auto battery.

As for your juice burn. I agree that reducing your nicotine level in the juice will probably solve this unless, as a previous poster said, it is a flavor that is supposed to be sort of spicy; i.e., red hot cinnamon.

I suggest purchasing a starter in the same style as you have already, but get one with a warranty! You SHOULD have at least a year replacement warranty on your batteries, so they can be replaced if they are faulty or if they die short term. Just a thought for ya. If you stay with the same type as you currently have (kr808's, 510, etc) then your current cartos will work with them as well.

Good luck in your search!

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Batteries last until the internal resistance starts to go up, or I should say you should get new Batts when this happens, just because a Batt is still taking a charge and putting out 3.7-4.2v doesnt mean it is good.,,, you can check this too if you want and here is how, use a standard Atomizer as your resistor, just read here and use this formula to get your Batts internal resistance, this way you can check your batteries internal resistance and no when to get rid of your batts and exchange them for new ones = http://www.laserholics.com/showthrea...al-resistance)

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
How long do batteries last? It depends on what you bought and what happens to them. If this was a cheap "cigarette size" kit then I have to assume they are small 180 mAh capacity batteries. In normal use "good" batteries in that size might last only 60 to 90 days because they need to be charged so frequently. Off brand, cheap batteries - most likely not even that long. If they are auto (no button) batteries all bets are off, because all it takes is one event of liquid getting into the battery and shorting out the auto sensor to kill it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread