how long do Volt batteries last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

username1970

May 14, 2012
USA
I should have asked this at first, but both of mine are going dead after about a month? WTH???? That's horrible.

All of a sudden they seem useless and I did buy two just so I could always have one that was charged, and I have used them about evenly and all of a sudden they seem to have died.

This is junk!I expected them to last at least 6 months.

.... - really? 1 month and done? it wasn't all that bad of a product, but forget this if I'm gonna have to buy 2 new batteries every month or so.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
That's not normal.
Take a deep breath, then call SI's customer service.

They've earned (and I stress EARNED) an excellent reputation here, so give them a chance to make things right.

Seeing that it's the weekend, I suggest you post in their forum here which is also monitored by employees of SI
Smokeless Image

Mrsoutlaw

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2012
Broward country, Florida
That is not the norm. The batteries should get about 300 charges before they stop holding a charge anymore. That would be the case with any rechargable battery. Even an iphone battery has a certain amount of charges.

The smokeless image batteries have a 3 month warranty. Call Smokeless Image monday morning, or send them an email. As harplayr said, its a weekend and the office is closed so if you send an email, they will get back to you on Monday. They will replace them.

Just curious, did you do the "faces of volt" promo in their subforum? If not, go there and post a picture of yourself with your volt and they will give you a free battery. Then you will have 3

My batteries are all over 2 months old and I charge them every day and are still going strong. When I first got started, they were being charged 2 and 3 times a day each.

kia2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
USA
What Harplayr said.

To have two Volts die within a month with normal use is definitely not normal. The regular batteries are supposed to be good for up to 300 charges before needing to be replaced, and I can't see that happening with good batteries in just a month. The only thing I might can think of to cause a problem with good batteries would be if maybe the charger being used isn't proprietary. No matter what battery I use, I always use their proprietary chargers. Of all my Volts, I've only had a working problem with one. I had an aesthetic problem with another (it wasn't finished). Both problems were immediately addressed by customer service.

Now, I have several batteries. I vape, charge, and turn them into rotation again. I use my standard 65 and 78mm batteries at work and out and about, my X2 batteries I tend to keep at home (though I have started taking one to work to see if anyone minds it, since it does not look like a "cigarette").

I'm wondering if you might want to step up to Volt's X2 battery? The X2 does not look like a cigarette, and has a bit more power as well as a longer period of time between charges, the amount of time dependent upon the size of the X2. If you are a heavy vaper, I'd definitely suggest moving up. But get those two regular batteries replaced, first. Customer service will take care of it.

But if you are truly dissatisfied and the replacements don't help or the Volt just isn't for you at all, then definitely find what is for you and stick with vaping. Do not go back to tobacco smoking, no matter what. There is something out there that will be what you need in the vaping world. Would much rather see you alive and vaping some other product than dead from smoking because the first vaporizer you tried wasn't up to par for you.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
What kind of problems are you having? I've had my Volt batts for almost a year, and they're still working great (used every day, charged 1-3 times a day).
You do have to do a little maintenance on them from time to time, especially if you're prone to overfilling a bit. Maybe it's just time to clean them?
Here's a vid: VOLT Battery Thread & Charger Thread Maintenance - Smokeless Image - YouTube
Most important things are to:
-scrape around the post with a toothpick
-poke the two airholes at the sides of the thread. If you have auto batts, try to feel around in there for the airholes at the bottom of the post too (through the holes at the threads. You might have to use a pin or needle to get it through there).
- swab both the battery and charger posts with an alcohol-dampened Q-tip.

If cleaning doesn't help, contact customer service - they have a 3-month warranty.

Last edited:

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Have you tried cleaning your batteries and charger. You need to clean them once a week or so, depending on how much you vape. The get buildup on the threads and inside and it prevents good connection with the charger and cartos. It's pretty easy and does a world of difference. Cleaning is the first thing I try when the battery doesn't seem to perform well.

Here's a video from steeljan on how to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4oSRS1PXRY

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
I should have asked this at first, but both of mine are going dead after about a month? WTH???? That's horrible.

All of a sudden they seem useless and I did buy two just so I could always have one that was charged, and I have used them about evenly and all of a sudden they seem to have died.

This is junk!I expected them to last at least 6 months.

.... - really? 1 month and done? it wasn't all that bad of a product, but forget this if I'm gonna have to buy 2 new batteries every month or so.

What size batteries and what kind of cartos are you using? You're calling a product junk that most find to be excellent quality and with great CS from the vendor. I've got my original 78 mms I've been using daily since last August with no problems. If you're looking for help you'd be much better off posting in the SI sub forum where Imagine can post and give you some help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread