How long does a starter kit last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mick11

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Dallas, TX
Hello and welcome to the forum.

As with all things ecig, I'm afraid the only true answer is.....it depends. Now with that said, as long as you avoid any critical mistakes, you should get a couple months EASY (I'm speaking of the hardware, you didn't mention how much juice you got).....at that point, if you are still vaping, you will have no hesitation about getting what you need to continue on your journey.

As with any new "thing", it is very easy to overspend. Likewise, with a little patience and a little "practice", you can vape very cheaply. After a few months of buying everything I saw, I found what works for me and it costs me a whopping $1.25/day.....and I vape constantly!

So recap, yes easy to spend a lot.....find what works for you and resist the urge to try every new thing on the market, easy to save a lot as well.

Good luck on your journey......VAPE ON!

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Good choice on the KR8!

Technically - the kit will last you a very long time (batteries do wear out eventually - a couple of months to a year) It depends on how may cartomizers you got with your kit. Most people use one or two a day, and they can be refilled with juice from a bottle a few times. You should only have to buy more juice and more cartos as they wear out. This can be done very cheaply - especially compared to what you spend on cigarettes.

BUT.....

E-cigs are addictive. And I'm not talking about the nicotine. Vaping quickly becomes a hobby/ obsession. We all want to try tons of different flavors, get more supplies - batteries, passthroughs, a PCC. Then we want to try other models of e-cig - and then there are all the mods out there. And then storage things to keep our ever-growing stah of vaping stuff. Not to mention ECF itself is addicting and you will spend hours here.
You don't really need any of this stuff, but e-cigs are like potato chips - you can't have just one.

~A

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Starter kit = 2 batteries, charger, maybe a case, 5 pack of filled cartomizers?

I ordered some 24 mg strength liquid plus blank cartos very quickly. Typically run 2 - 3 ml of liquid per day. Decent cartos can be refilled several times before you either clean them or toss them.

A good starter would be to try several pre-filled carto packs, both 16-18 and 24 mg, if you smoked standard cigs, and perhaps some 12 mg and 16-18 if you smoked light cigs. If a carto is too light (nic mg strength) you'll still have strong cravings -- switch to higher strength. Likewise if it's too strong for you you'll feel slightly light-headed or get a headache -- switch to the lower dose.

See which of the strengths works for you, then order some more of them and/or the blanks with separate e-liquid.

This is what I did, seemed to work, and the approach I used with a friend, to dial-in what strength she needed.

S&H fees can be significant --- if you can swing the $, order multiple sets of things once you figure out which works best for you.

(I'm still acquiring kit, but my educated guess is that the long-term cost on this is going to be about $2/day to feed my habit -- trivial compared to cigarettes.)

Last edited:

Jonmo1

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Bryan, TX
4 Small Bottles.... What is small? How many ML?

if you're going away, You would be best served to get about 50% more than you think you'll need.
It is FAR better to have too much, than not enough.

You can probalby plan on 2.5 ML per day.

So if you're gone for 4 weeks = 28 days.

28 X 2.5 = 70
Add 50%
70 + 35 = 105

I'd say 100 ML would be a good target amount of liquid to last from NOW till Sept 1st.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Depends on use. For me,3 ml/day pretty much, so for 30 days I'd use about 90 ml.

A carto lasts for several refills before something needs to be done (clean or toss). So I'd tend to want at least 10, preferably 15, total. Especially if you're doing flavors -- think in terms of dedicating a carto for each flavor.

(Just my opinion, and you know what they say about them :) )

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Strength is generally expressed as nicotine in mg/ml, often just called nic in mg. A lot of regular strength cig smokers at least start with 24 mg strength, while lights smokers often start at lower, a 12.

Some companies also use High-Medium-Low (or Light). High = 24, medium = 18 or 16, low = 12.

Some off the shelf flavors can be bought at low strength 6 mg or so.

e-cigarette mg of nicotine don't directly equate to regular cigarettes, this is just to get you in the ballpark.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Yes, 24 mg = 8 days at 3 mg/day.

I've been buying stuff from TastyVapors. You buy their regular liquid at whatever strength, and then 0 mg "doubler" from them and you can downmix while still retaining the flavor. For instance I get a 30 ml bottle of tobacco at 48 mg strength, plus a 60 ml doubler, and can make up to 90 mg at 16 mg strength (by mixing everything together).

Buying 30 ml of 24 mg plus 60 ml of doubler makes it easy to vape at 24 (just the base liquid), or 18 mg (3 parts base liquid to one part doubler), or 12 mg (1 part base liquid to one part doubler), or 6 mg (one part base liquid to 3 parts doubler). TV includes a spare, empty, bottle to do the mixing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread