Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner83

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2012
US
I've had a V1 for a little over a year, and just finally replaced it today with a V5.

It was the gunmetal/black chrome version, and while the finish wore pretty badly not long into it's usage, it worked fine up until recently. I can't complain about getting over a year out of a $35 mod, that I dropped more times than I want to admit, from heights that we won't speak of, haha!

Balders

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2012
uk
Also, do you know what the CE and Logo are that appear toward the top on the side of the Vamo opposite the screen?

CE = Chinese Export ;)

My Vamo V2 Stainless is over 1yr old, brushed finished by me, been dropped more times than I can remember. Only problem has been the 510 threads.
Stainless, sharp threads, like on an AGA-t ruin the soft brass threads on the Vamo. Simple solution: Don't remove the tank often.

I've just ordered a V5

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
CE = Chinese Export ;)

My Vamo V2 Stainless is over 1yr old, brushed finished by me, been dropped more times than I can remember. Only problem has been the 510 threads.
Stainless, sharp threads, like on an AGA-t ruin the soft brass threads on the Vamo. Simple solution: Don't remove the tank often.

I've just ordered a V5

Also don't screw your atomizer too tight, this can really ruin the threading in the long-term!

DaveNC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
NC
The CE mark is required for electronics to be sold in the European market. See CE marking - Enterprise and Industry

The little "wings" with a check mark in them shows that the device is compliant with the RoHS or "Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive" restricting the use of six hazardous substances. See Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

My 10-month plus old V2 is still going strong, and I've screwed/unscrewed toppers onto it at least a couple times a day. I also just got a V5 as a second/backup.

Dave

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
My 10-month plus old V2 is still going strong, and I've screwed/unscrewed toppers onto it at least a couple times a day. I also just got a V5 as a second/backup.
I change flavors regularly, too, and will continue doing that. I only have one large topper (3/4 inch diameter), the rest are smaller cheaper clearos (1/2 inch), except for a few Davide minis. I dropped it yesterday, and the clearo broke too quickly to put any stress on the threads. The only other thing that happened is the top ring screws down tighter.

I see most people use tanks, which are so solid that when dropped that the stress is on the threads. So I am going to primarily use the cheaper CE5's and BCC's, which will break when dropped. I think this is going to help the threads stay intact.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
...and a Final update on my V2 Vamo!

Today, I retired the poor thing!

After all the drops, the bent connections and daily use of 13 months, 2 weeks, it gave up on me today.
Started firing for only 1 second and stopped each time. Juice probably leaked in under the o-ring repair I made a few months ago.

So, I'm setting it aside for a project on other day!

(Good thing I have a SVD on way.. )

tiyantiyan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2012
ny
My V2 lasted 6-7 months.
Dropped many times .
Last time it dropped, the lcd light went out.
But the unit itself is still working very well!!!
Just the light is off

oh well, I said it too early 3 days ago. the brass thread gave up this morning.

The good thing is, a new vamo 4 is waiting for me when back :mail:.

what a timing...

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
I bought my Vamo V5 about three months ago. The 510 threading is completely shot. I have several mods, this is the only one I had this issue with. But I ordered it from Fasttech, the threads weren't right since I opened it from the mail. I just figured it would be okay. I was wrong, it got worse and worse, now nothing will go on it. So mine may have been defective from day one. All in all, $30.00 for three months use, can't really complain. Sure cheaper than cigarettes!

tiyantiyan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2012
ny
Yeah, i actually prefer the head of the v2 and v4, so ordered the v4.
The display on v4 is a vast improvement over v2, i like it a lot!

Vamo is really good, the only missing improvement is, it's too heavy and too long.

Would be nice to have a Vamo box mod with minimum weight and size.
That would be a real game changer!

A 4? I think that's either wrong or a knock off. :-/

Edit - I've just googled, sorry. I thought they skipped a v4!

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I bought my Vamo V5 about three months ago. The 510 threading is completely shot. I have several mods, this is the only one I had this issue with. But I ordered it from Fasttech, the threads weren't right since I opened it from the mail. I just figured it would be okay. I was wrong, it got worse and worse, now nothing will go on it. So mine may have been defective from day one. All in all, $30.00 for three months use, can't really complain. Sure cheaper than cigarettes!

If you're handy with a soldering iron, replacement top caps can be had for less than $10. That's what I did with my V3, and the replacement's threading is MUCH better than stock.

tiyantiyan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2012
ny
If you're handy with a soldering iron, replacement top caps can be had for less than $10. That's what I did with my V3, and the replacement's threading is MUCH better than stock.

There are a few other options:

- ego to ego/510 adapter is a neat way to go, but i didn't find any in stock at this moment.
This utilizes the external ego threads (doesn't use the internal 510 thread).

- Fix the thread! Yes it's possible and very easy!
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vamo/519859-tempory-thread-fix-vamo-2.html#post12324569

Last edited:

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
... It's Back!! Brought my 1 year 3 week old VAMO back from the dead...
Busted the thing apart.. got out the chip.. turns out the main button was dead.. replaced it with a smaller tact button and I am now trying it out in a box mob. Wired a 16mm switch to it and it works.. will be working on the 2 smaller + and - switches later... but for now, she's a working!!

20140301_172040.jpg the bits...
20140301_171853.jpg The box (a "Speed Stik" LM2596 VV Mod is behind it.. LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread